Best quotes of the Strugatsky brothers, which will teach you to think outside the box

Thirty three million three hundred eighty five

The most famous in literature, the brothers Arkady and Boris Strugatsky — not just fiction, not just writers and not just the idols of millions. Their books about the future, about the world and man in it for many became a part of life, and for some faithful guides.

• Eighty-three percent of all days in the year begin the same way: the alarm clock rings. (Monday begins on Saturday)
  • For weeks, spend a soul on dirty talk with every scum, and when you meet a real person to talk no time. (Hard to be a God)
  • That's right: the money a person needs to never not to think about them. (Roadside picnic)
  • It's amazing how fast are the waves of delight. Gnaw themselves, to hurt themselves, to compel and itch for hours a day, and the excitement comes and then goes. (The hotel "dead mountaineer")
  • But it can not be that among the thousands of roads not found the right! (Strange desire)
  • If the name of an ideal man has to do meanness, the price of this ideal — crap. (Predatory things of the century)
  • Wolf tells her cubs: "Bite like me", and that is enough, and teaches zaychiha leverets: "get Away, I", and this is also quite, but the man-cub teaches: "Think like me" and it is a crime. (The ugly swans)
  • Why not be silent when everything is clear without words? (Roadside picnic)
  • Better twenty times be mistaken in the man, than treated with suspicion by everyone. (Trainees)
  • And what sense to buy a car to drive on asphalt? Where asphalt, nothing interesting, and where interesting, there is no asphalt. (Monday begins on Saturday)
  • Everyone in something so genius. You just need to find it is brilliant. (The snail on the slope)
  • It's amazing, by the way, that no matter how you come — the bartenders are always wiping glasses, as though their salvation depended on the soul. (Roadside picnic)
  • Imagination is a priceless thing, but it is impossible to give her a way in. Only on the outside, only outside. (Predatory things of the century)
  • Skepticism and cynicism in life is cheap because it is a lot easier and more boring than to be surprised and enjoy life. (Trainees)
  • It is something like democratic elections: the majority is always a bastard. (The ugly swans)
  • Among them, no one knew exactly what happiness is and what the meaning of life. And they took a working hypothesis that happiness is a continuous knowledge of the unknown, and the meaning of life is. (Monday begins on Saturday)
  • What it is necessary? When it is impossible to do without. This is when all the time I think Oh, It's when their whole lives trying K. (the Snail on the slope)
  • What's the point talking about the future? Not talking about the future, do it. (Cloud)
  • Where is triumphant mediocrity, to power always come black. (Hard to be a God)
  • Not in the thunder of a cosmic catastrophe, not in the flames of nuclear war and not even in the grip of overpopulation, and well-fed, calm silence ends the history of mankind. (The second invasion of the Martians)
  • It's not true that there are children and there are adults. All, in fact, more complicated. There are adults and there are adults. (Trainees)
  • There is nothing in the world that could not be corrected. (Roadside picnic)
  • Goddamn it, I can't think of anything, except those words of his: HAPPINESS FOR ALL in VAIN, AND LET will LEAVE NOBODY OFFENDED!

Tags

See also

New and interesting