Recipe for harvesting cucumbers for the winter

We have cucumbers this year were late, but we hope for the harvest. As without salt and pickled cucumbers in the winter? Yes can not do! And because no matter how much to prepare — everything goes (was like a year of yielding more than 50 gallons alone cucumber rolled, and the spring and not a trace of them left). I have 20 years probably make blanks for the recipe, visitandolo in the old book, and even once he did not disappoint. Recommend!

We need:

• water — 5 liters
  • salt — 10 tablespoons
  • sugar — 20 tablespoons
  • vinegar 9% — 500 g
Proportion can reduce if the cucumbers a bit: 3 liters of water need 6 tablespoons salt 12 tablespoons sugar and 300 g of 9% vinegar.

We also need spices (approximate quantity per 1 liter of volume)

• sheet of horseradish (depending on size, maybe 1/2 sheet)
  • 1 Bay leaf
  • large garlic cloves, cut into pieces (I put more garlic — 2-3 cloves, but this is to taste)
  • small "umbrella" of dill
  • 5 peas of black pepper
  • hot peppers to taste (I don't use).
The preparation process is quite troublesome, but the result, believe me, worth it. So...

Select cucumbers about the same size, mediocre. Soak in cold water for 8-10 hours (when night). Banks thoroughly wash, and we scald with boiling water (I usually steam sterilized), put on the bottom of the spices.

The cucumbers cut off the ends. On the stove, put a large pot with water, bring to the boil. In boiling water drop the colander for a few prepared cucumbers in 30-40 seconds. Take out and immediately vertically stacked in the prepared jars with spices.

Prepare the marinade and pour the cucumbers in the jars up to the neck, cover with a scalded lid. After 3 minutes pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring again to a boil, repeat the procedure. The third time after pouring the marinade banks roll up, turn on the lid and leave to cool.

Pickles crunchy, very tasty. Vinegar is hardly noticeable, and depending on the amount of horseradish, garlic and pepper you can make pickles witty or gently — who he loves

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting