Summer nettle soup

Arriving at the cottage, we often take with them many products. But it can be done and what is growing right under our Windows.

Today I will tell You about the herb that brings us so much inconvenience. Nettle. Remember, in early childhood we promised to flog with nettles? I'm 7 years lived in the village and often the weed prevented me to live in peace, when I weeded the garden. But every year I've waited for spring to go with a pair of scissors to collect it first sprouts and cook the most delicious soup! Someone will say: "how disgusting! There was nothing to eat?" No, enough food. But my grandmother, who grew up in a large peasant family, was always the cook this easy dish and I thought it was delicious nettle soup.
Stinging nettle. It is a perennial plant with a strong root system. The whole plant is covered with small stinging hairs that burn us while trying to foil the escape. Growing in homes.

It is best to use young shoots – upper 2-3 leaves from the top. For collecting I use a pair of scissors or secateurs and thick rubber gloves. I use not only in spring but also in summer, instead of exclusively shoots. As well as harvested and laid out in portions, then freeze and cook fragrant soup for a long cold winter. So, we cut shoots. Usually the soup for 4 people is enough for me a full package, which is packaged bread. Nettle is thoroughly washed in a sieve and dipped in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Then again washed and we can cut it in the soup, without fear of burning your hands. Cook broth as in soup of sorrel. Take soup set of pork or beef and simmer for an hour. Then add rice or pearl barley. Another 10 minutes later – finely chopped 3-4 potatoes. Passeruem carrots along with the onions and add for 10-15 minutes until cooked soup. And in the end add the finely chopped nettles and turn off the stove. Don't forget to add the Bay leaf and salt to taste. Served with boiled egg and sour cream. And in the summer also add a bit of sorrel for acidity.

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting