9 mistakes in Qigong practice

Sixty nine million five hundred forty six thousand four hundred seventy one

In this article I want to talk about 9 mistakes that can prevent people doing Qigong. This list is certainly not complete, and I deliberately did not put typical for such articles, the prefix “the TOP 9 mistakes...”, as these errors are not necessarily the most common. But you need to check yourself and make sure that they are not in your practice.

1 Electric Qi Began to practice Qigong and later Internal alchemy, Qi I perceived as the equivalent of Energy, especially from a materialistic point of view. Many times I heard that Qi is and information aspect, and the aspect of spirit (spirituality). But my technical mind is perceived as modulation (encoding) of a signal used in radio and television.

Only a few years later, when in front of me, inevitably faced with the task of finding the Primordial Qi, I began more and more to pay attention to the aspect of spirituality of Qi. Began to shift their perception with the ideas of the inanimate, Qi electric mindlessly carries some information, the concept of vitality, spirituality, concepts of Qi live, which even has some level of independence.

Everything in the Universe consists of Qi. This Qi is constantly in motion, transformirovalsya from one form to another. Subtle, soulful Qi, shumas turns into matter and at different levels involved in various processes. Such processes were possible, require a specific control system that carries life-giving function and is subject to certain principles and laws. This feature is in ancient treatises is sometimes called the Celestial spring, which leads all of creation into motion.

Thus, Qi a lot more than just the movement of particles or waves having a specific modulation (carrying some information). There is something mysterious called the Spirit, which gives Qi properties that practitioners need to understand.

In my practice gradually go from the Body to Qi and from Qi to Spirit, spiritual Qi. Don't stop the sensations of heat and cold, movement and sensation as this is just the beginning, and there are deeper levels of understanding themselves and the world.

2 Control Qi in Almost all of the Qigong exercises we have been quite actively interact with both internal and external Qi. Naturally, the easiest way to start to deal with Qi in the same way as we do with the body. When I want to raise my hand up, I mentally give the command — and feel the hand begins to move. As it moves, I control the degree of uplift and decide when to stop the movement. Training movements such begins in childhood, and of course after lots of practice the child does not need constant conscious control of the body movements happen automatically, and turn into skills.

When I started Qigong, it also came with Qi. If we had to rotate, I rotated it, watching the entire trajectory of their attention. But let's remember that Qi — in a sense, alive :-)

You must invite the Qi to follow the attention and then release the traffic by running the process, to let it flow without our active involvement. Thus, we are at a low level cultivated the principle of non-action and egoistical. We would like to invite Qi to dance, and then just follow the music, connect to the natural principles of the circulation of Qi in the Universe, let the Original spring to move the Qi for us.

If our heart and consciousness is purified and we are in the Void during practice, our Initial Qi itself can guide us, not only at the level of Qi, but also at the level of the body (so-called spontaneous movement Qigong).

This approach in the practice of Qigong also need to carry on their lives. We run some processes with the help of action — and as if suspended, allow events to flow naturally. In its highest manifestation, being absolutely clean at all levels, we begin to demonstrate the intention of Heavenly springs (our Original nature) through their actions in the outside world, realizing the concept of the Tao.

Try in your practice of Qigong to reduce its active control actions of the mind, until there is only the intention of the heart-mind. Then your practice will become part of the processes occurring in the Universe, and the Heavenly spring will act instead of you.

3 Active This bug is closely related to the previous one with excessive control of Qi. From the beginning of class the Teacher always speaks about how important it is to relax. Especially pay attention to the muscles of the skull and even on the tension inside the brain!

But once practice begins, the person is gradually more and more involved in the actions exercises, losing the depth of relaxation and concentration without concentration.

To understand what should be internal stress necessary for the proper performance of the exercise can do an experiment:

Take a string and tie it to a button. Then sit at the table, take the end of the thread with two fingers, and put the elbow and thread on the table. The hand should be relaxed, the thread can hang down to the table, button is hanging above the Desk on a string. Next, without moving your hand, imagine how this improvised pendulum swinging from side to side. After a couple of minutes you will see how the pendulum will really begin to accomplish what you want.

The secret behind this trick is simple — your attention and thoughts on pendulum force arm to begin to make micro movements, even though consciously you hand and not moving it. Because over time, the pendulum begins to swing.

Ultimately, efforts to implement the Qigong exercises should be so small that it will seem that everything happens by itself. If, for example, it is necessary to sit and breathe through the belly, the breath should be light, slow, natural, as if the air flow of Qi themselves to you in the stomach, and you just watch the process.

Try during the practice to swim to the surface and not lose the calm, thin your concentration to become sharp and attentive, but most soft. More and more dive into the emptiness and quiet. Even if you think that the practice is not as active as need, allow your Qi to take on the role of one who acts.

4 Visualization I, like many others, considered themselves to be visual. Because at the initial stage of Qigong practice actively used his mental visual screen to present images which reflect the processes of Qigong exercises. It took part of the attention and the power of consciousness, I quickly ran out of steam and lost concentration: the images began to swim, change into a kaleidoscope of images, and I again and again tried to stabilize the picture.

But at some point my feelings were so bright that just replaced the visual images. I realized that what I felt, I felt and earlier, but as he was always absorbed in the visual imagery, I just didn't pay attention to it!

Now I always try with the internal dialogue immediately to simmer and your mental visual screen. This does not always happen immediately, but ultimately helps to focus on the more subtle sensations and not stopping to realize and feel processes.

Practicing during class in fact can sometimes see the running process, but this vision is not on the surface, not on your mental screen, and deeper. And that vision occurs by itself, accompanying feelings, and not preceding them. If a person begins to self-represent some stages of the practice of Qigong, he can present them not as they should be, that will hinder or even make the practice completely wrong.

Therefore, I recommend you to try to ignore the visual component of their internal work Qigong as early as possible. This will allow you to push the boundaries of your self, you will learn to perceive internal and external world with different “senses” that are not associated with the body. First you go to the level of their energy system, and over time — and the spirit level.

5 waiting for a miracle When I started Qigong, it gradually emerged a different sensation. And at first I even just began to feel his own body, internal organs, blood pressure and current flow, heartbeat, breathing. Then the feeling was refined and losing brightness, they became harder to understand and sometimes even impossible to describe with words.

When the Teacher set the task to feel something specific, but didn't described it, I'm not always able to come to this, as it made “the mistake of waiting for a miracle.”

I waited for thunder from a clear sky, the voice of the Lord and revelation, enlightening my mind in the blink of an eye, bright magical phenomena and power of catharsis... of course I exaggerated a bit :-) All this hurt I feel and the main thing — to realize that I already feel that need.

Only after discussing your feelings with other practitioners, I realized that for a long time feel that is necessary, but just ignore your feelings, wasting time waiting for something more.

You should carefully relates to what you feel during practice, but not to be attached to their feelings, as they will over time change.

However there is a pitfall: if you are sensitive, it's easy to get lost in the depths of their feelings. The same applies to those people who have a rich imagination and an impatient mind. As in this case, their mind will come up with those feelings (and not only them) that need to occur during the practice after some time.

Here we can recommend only one thing: be as collected and mindful, and careful, as if you are on thin ice. Listen to yourself and your feelings, but not planaires them. Take your time to feel, not to think about the sensations and not brake yourself, suggesting that you are not sensitive enough or that the time has not come yet.

This sense of Middle Way, by the way, will come in handy for the practice of lucid dreaming : -) if you decide to do it.

6 the Desire for magic classes tai Chi Chuan, I came with a clear desire to feel Chi and learn to manage it. I had no burning desire to do magic but I've seen quite a number of people who were obsessed with magic tricks.

Taoist Masters often have different unusual abilities: telekinesis, teleportation, the ability to reduce your weight, to treat people and so forth, but these special effects are never the purpose of the practice. These abilities can appear as a side effect of spiritual development. To seek him means to be in the thrall of their obscurations and to go astray.

Actually, in the beginning, even this desire for magic can be used to advantage as a motivation for regular class attendance. But it is better to try to quickly clear the heart and mind from the obscurations of the surface to find the True intention in practice.

We all came into this world to perfect ourselves and to know his Original nature. In the first phase it will be logical to reorganize and clean your body and heart-mind to prepare them for further improvement. As the thirst for magic is a product of our Ego and come from the desire to rise above others, to be special, to have something that others do not, and so forth, the purification of the heart of nature is gradually weaken, and eventually will remove that desire.

Give up the feeling of chosenness in favor of the purity and the clarity of your heart and mind. This will help to find peace, will make it easier to enter into a deep, necessary condition, necessary for the practice of Qigong and, eventually, cleanse and strengthen your True intention.

7 Comparison and fixation of feelings the Practitioner is simply necessary colleagues on the Teaching. They can discuss some aspects of theory and practice, to learn about the experiences of others and avoid many mistakes. Associates also will increase your enthusiasm and help to keep the motivation at the proper level.

But don't compare your achievements and feelings in the practice of Qigong with the achievements and experiences of other practitioners, with the aim to exactly copy them, unless this is not the Teacher says. Everyone is different: we have different sensitivity, different pollution of the body, different level of awareness in various aspects of perception... Because different people have some things in practice may vary. Although, of course, the main aspects of the practice will be the same, such as relaxation, comfort, and basic characteristics of Qi and TP.

In the first year of Qigong and Internal alchemy, I have constantly new sensations. It seemed that I was rapidly moving forward and progress must be associated with the new sensations. But after some time it feels different, some do disappear or become not as bright, and that's fine.

Not worth it to cling to your feelings or stories of other practitioners about the effects that arise. Even if their experience in the practice of true and not bogus, it does not mean that they necessarily have to be you. It's possible that you started to dive deeper into a state of rest, and because your feelings lose brightness or change its character. And instead of going further, you will follow the example of the companions and return their practice to a bright but less deep.

Best of all about experiences to consult with the Teacher, as only he can give you the necessary guidance based on your specifics.

8 collecting exercises and sensations as soon As the first sensations in the practice of Qigong, you may experience a constant craving for getting new effects. If there are no new sensations, it is alleged, there is no promotion. The same approach sometimes is to learn new exercises and techniques. Often, even experienced practitioners eager to learn new “secret” practices, not mastered and not implementing the methods acquired earlier...

But some processes need to Mature as a fetus Matures in the womb. And thus the practice becomes a “less bright saturated with new sensations”, or their novelty becomes less superficial and less noticeable. For example, in the practice of the Standing pole after a certain period of time, my first hour of practice was held very quietly, and more intense, and not always begin only after an hour of standing in the post.

Some people are just prone to collecting in the childhood collected stamps, coins, they travel around the world “crossing Europe”, may seek to try all the dishes in any restaurant, or to visit all the museums and attractions of the city... Sometimes this passion manifests itself in Qigong, when people seek to gather up as much as possible all sorts of exercises, try each of them just a few times. Or he's just looking for the secret practice that will give “all at once”.

If you have such tendency, select a few Qigong exercises and try to work them up to the depth at which you are capable. Take the time to go to the next level or practice to tick. Become a Master in these few selected exercises, mastered and implemented not only the exterior, but their inner workings, revealing their potential by using them as much as possible. And after that, confirming the result from a Teacher, move on.

9 Blending different practices And another mistake practitioners, also associated with the passion of collecting is the tendency to mix all the esoteric books and practices into one big pile. Such an approach creates a distorted understanding of Taoist teachings, and practicing often may even deliberately distort the inner work of Qigong, which in the worst case can lead to problems with health and mentality. Also, this approach always creates a distorted understanding of the philosophy of Taoism, and thus prevents progress in the practice.

People tend to build a unified picture of the world, which includes any new information. If something does not fit into our current worldview, we throw it away. For example, I came in almost Taoism after reading the books of Castaneda. And even for some time still practiced the methods of his books along with Taijiquan and Qigong. But after a few months I realized that it is better to stop on something one.

You cannot mix different exercises from different traditions. If you are still itching, then be sure to check with the Teacher that can be mixed and what not. But what I have observed in my experience, even if the Teacher says “Okay, try” — in practice, often means that you just spend your time, and maybe even add cereal to his understanding, which requires purification, aging and deepening.

Of course, if you practice any system where there are, for example, of the dynamics, but only static practices, to harmonize their classes you'll just have to take dynamic exercise from somewhere else. In this case, you will have to synchronize the static exercises with dynamic, from another system of self-improvement, ideally with prior consultation with the Teacher.

I was lucky: I study in a school of practical Taoism Zhen Tao, where there is a full range of practices on all occasions. They are all tested for centuries and perfected by Masters from different generations. There is no need to borrow anything else from other systems.

If the school in which you are engaged, full-fledged and has all the necessary set of exercises for healthy self-development, I strongly recommend you throw out everything that does not belong to the Taoist practices. Of course, if you are not sure that what you are doing is what you need, you are free to try other systems of self-improvement until you make the final choice in favor of one of them. But don't get caught in another trap — indecision. I have met people who go from school to school, and not making the choice, grabbing everywhere on tops and building something of their own. Such collecting and indecision can lead to a dead end, from which then will not be selected.

That's all for now, good luck on the Road and be healthy!

Michael Polsin

Source: zhendaopai.org/9-oshibok-v-praktike-tsigun/

Tags

See also

New and interesting