How to create a successful ecovillage

Diane Christian for the last 20 years was attended by over 120 successful communities around the world in order to find out what helps communities to start well, and effectively and to develop harmoniously. The result of their research, she wrote 2 books, became a certified instructor of the Course Create Ecovillages (Ecovillage Design Education, EDE) and respected expert in this topic.

Thanks to Dmitry Alder (settlement of kin's domains "Springs") and Fyodor Lazutina ("the Ark" — "Medvenka") name Diane Christian is well known in Russia. In 2012 Dmitry with a team of colleagues has translated into the Russian language of her book "Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities" ("Creating future together"). And Fedor almost all his speeches strongly recommends her book to study and start applying the described technique of creating successful communities.

3 years later, in March 2015 a world expert in the creation and development of successful eco-villages was the first to come to Russia from their settlement "Earthly Paradise" ("Earthheaven") in the state of North Carolina, USA.

We invite to participation representatives of all 420 operating in the Russian eco-villages, projects, alternative communities (discounted by 50%). As well as those who want to think carefully about the image of their future settlement, and anyone thinking about moving to earth. For those who are going to build with a society of like-minded friends, colleagues with shared goals and actions, lessons, Diana will be priceless.

Download book Dianne to study the detailed program and feedback from participants from around the world at the following links:

> Saint-Petersburg, 20-22 March 2015

Theme: "Creating successful new ecovillages or alternative community"http://gen-russia.ru/diana-piter (more for beginners)

> Moscow, March 27-29, 2015

Topic "How to help your ekoposeleniy or alternative community prosper."

gen-russia.ru/diana-moscow (more for veterans)

PS How information about the world of settlements is relevant for Russia?

Dmitry Alder (from the book "Creating the future together")

— In 2009, when I first opened the book Diana Christian, I was amazed. I had the feeling that the author just sat in our kitchen, in any settlement "Rodniki" and word for word heard all our talk about sore. I open some paragraph of "Typical errors when creating ecovillages" and see a list of six items, where one-to-one describes our Rodnikovskaya reality. I'm starting to read example "In the town of Willowbend in the depths of Alabama, was such a case..." — and I have a feeling that whoever wrote this, overheard the showdown at our last meeting. I open the section "But how do the settlements have achieved success" — and read word for word what I have to persistently tried to bring the guys from "the Ark". And after all, it is written by someone who never was in Russia and at that time had not read any of the Maigret books!

Laysan Mirsaitova (NP, "Network of ecovillages and ecoinitiatives") www.gen-russia.ru

- With Diane and I first met in ecovillage "tamera", on JAN 2011. Then still don't really know who she is. In the framework of the annual meeting JEN (the global network of ecovillages) was her small introduction seminar about the basic steps that need to be done to create a successful settlement. I was then very impressed with how structured, concise and filled with she told your material. Her statement was not a drop of "water" or "lyrics" and the whole thing was so anti-American in terms of style. It was felt that every word spoken by her is the result of extensive research analysis. And it was easy to translate in the future in our settlement "the parties" and "sidelines".

Then we met in a month, "ziben Linden", where she was invited for a day for training Courses on eco-villages (EDE, Ecovillage design course). Diane gave a little time, and this time she struck me again. She did a great (more than an hour) presentation about ekoposeleniy of the world (which it called for a lot more than 120). With the ease and artistry she poured us a huge amount of information for the 1.5 — 2 hours. And again, due to how cleverly and logically the material has been submitted, not one drop of it spilled on deaf ears, and the long presentation seemed one minute, giving audiences a vivid and clear picture of the world ekoposeleniy movement.

The third time we met with Diane in Sweden, where I accidentally fell on her full-fledged seminar on sociocracy. At that time I understood its power as a lecturer. She clearly has the mind of a scientist, a researcher, and she's a good teacher. Great luck to all of us that she was a person living a long time in the ecovillage, and that her settlement was not all smooth. It made it a point to ask the question — "what should be better?" and begin to study and generalize the experience of the most successful settlements of the world.

In Russia among the settlers, I often heard the opinion that this is a "gourmet experience" – a pier, we do not need, because we have own special way. But what Diana says applies to all and meaningful to almost anyone who creates or intends to create a new community. Of course, its generalization may not be useful for those who leave on the nature to live of farm life, that is, to move the individualism of our city life on new soil. But for those who are going to build with a society of like-minded friends, colleagues with shared goals and actions, lessons learnt Diane is truly priceless.published

Source: greenhunter.ru/promo?id=4383

Tags

See also

New and interesting