Vilnius: City vegetarians

It was nothing special at first glance. Not rich, not modern, vacated by the young and talented, wandering in search of high salaries in the direction of Western Europe, a small town on the edge of the Eastern border of the European Union, we however, very fond of.

It were infinitely lucky to only good people. In this and throughout little Lithuania were easy and pleasant to live an eco life. Vegetarianism was not a test, but pleasure. And here's why:

Fifty three million twenty seven thousand three hundred eighty nine

1. A wide selection of fruits at very affordable prices in conventional supermarkets

(Maxima, which from our house was a 7 minute walk, it was possible to buy everything from rambutan to mangosteen and papaya and pitaya, Iki — which was to walk 4 minutes, the selection was smaller, but there has always been an amazing pear (only 60-70 cents per kg) and always cheap and at the same time, high-quality avocados (около70 cents/piece) and mango (about 1 Euro/piece).

2. Alternative to dairy milk

Not only many types and brands of plant milk, and other vegetable "milk" can be easily found on the shelves as supermarkets and grocery stores smaller format. We bought cream for coffee, amazing taste, vegetable, yogurt from plant milk perfectly complements granola, and even Kevin's grandmother was fond of milk desserts based on soy.

3. Organic — certified, everywhere

Sometimes it seemed to me that my idea to blog #ecohunter not make sense, because why look for something that is available everywhere. And it was so what I'm after in this blog. I easily found and bought the clothing from organic cotton for eve (something that myself, too, of course), I completely revamped the makeup and most makeup it stores in Vilnius, which also did not have much to look for. Finally, I always, and almost everywhere, met certified eco products — in the lobby of the business center, I bought organic coffee, organic chocolates and organic juice, and gas stations have always been organic granola bars and eco bagels)). And that's not to mention the number of specialized eco-stores, some of which have specialized strictly in the vegetable and mitralnyj products.

Fifty two million six hundred fifty seven thousand six hundred eighty six

4. Cafes and restaurants

My favorite steel RawRaw and Raw52, although cool places for vegetarians and vegans in Vilnius many. We averaged just more than 30 specialized, though non-primitive dishes without meat and fish, we met in some places to a wider audience

5. For children

We loved Mukumuku and entertaining performances for children, and eco design, and a number of tasty and beautifully prepared vegan dishes in children's menus, of course, because he was near our house. Just a few minutes, and eve fell in the kiddie Kingdom out of kids. We carried her mukumuku always, and it was probably the only place she refused to leave the always.

6. Water

In Vilnius from the tap is flowing, probably the best water in Europe, at least so they say in the local press and it seemed to us. It is extracted from underground wells with 100 meters depth. And the only pollution that she can get it from the pipeline itself.

7. Nature and a large number of objects of rural tourism

Forests, lakes, national parks, proximity to the sea, here is fine. Local hotels haven't quite implemented the eco standards, but it's a matter of time and even the fact that the main guests, until recently, were the tourists from the CIS. Today, local hotels are tested in the outflow of tourists, and are forced to think about how to make money on their strengths, namely, proximity to amazing nature.

8. Here respect animals

In many cafes you can go with the animal. To rent an apartment with a pet is not a problem. We traveled to Vilnius and the whole Lithuania up and down, but now I can't remember even once that I saw a car hit the animal. Besides, a lot of forests where protected with mesh from the side of the road. And yet, despite netplay winter, I met here coats, neither in stores nor on the girls.

In General, I thought Vilnius in its evolution is a generation above its surrounding countries.published 

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.ecohunterjulia.com/#!City-vegetarians/c1sp5/551088570cf2aa181153d767

Tags

See also

New and interesting