BR: Tkvarchal

There is a well-known horror film "Silent Hill." For those who did not watch, I will tell. The action takes place in a mysterious mining town, under which for many years burning coal. Of course, the city is going paranormalschina different. But all this would not be so bad if it were not for the scenery - whole blocks of abandoned buildings.
I think you have already guessed what associations made me a visit to our present object - Tkvarchala.

Source: railtrip.livejournal.com/12849.html

1 ▼ How many Abkhazian settlements, the city is different in different languages: Tkvarcheli by Georgian, Abkhazian Tkuarchal. We will stick to neutral Tkvarchal

2 ▼ The city was built near coal mines, and the main function of the railway has been transporting coal. There is also a hydroelectric power station, which supplies electricity to a good part of the regional consumers. Needless to say, it worked in the local coal

3 ▼ We move on to the study of the railway infrastructure

4 ▼ Tkvarchala Station is in poor condition even more than his fellow Ochamchira

5 ▼

6 ▼

7 ▼ The weather that day was rainy, it was reflected in the spirit of images. The first thing that catches the eye at the station - wagon ropeway hanging limply above the track

8 ▼ In the past here operated cable car, link the city

9 ▼ inscriptions in the Georgian language knocked down, as in most other stations

10 ▼ Inside - swampy cesspool

11 ▼ The platform well preserved,

12 ▼ a plate and did look fresh

13 ▼

14 ▼ Coal is mined in the area so far, and are taken as by rail. The consequence of this is the mountain of coal dust, mixed with water. Swamp More then

15 ▼

16 ▼ fuel are transported to the port of Ochamchira gondola cars and dump cars where they are reloaded onto ships and taken to the Turkey

▼ 17 It should be noted that coal mining is a Turkish company. Who gets most of the profit think to say is meaningless, but 90% of the district budget tax revenues form is "Tkuarchaluglya»

18 ▼

19 ▼

20 ▼

21 ▼

22 ▼

23 ▼ Walk around the station. As soon as we meet already familiar to us in Abkhazia locomotive column

Around 24 ▼ or unfinished,

25 ▼ or skeletons of various structures

26 ▼ These turnouts are already a rarity. Enjoy

27 ▼

28 ▼

29 ▼ Apparently not available at all stations on drainage - soil is so swamped that sleeper flex even under my weight

30 ▼ In close proximity to the station power plant, of the buildings that stick out like a tentacle pieces of pipe

31 ▼

32 ▼ Motrisa only at first glance seems an abandoned

33 ▼ In fact, on the other hand ... it is inhabited. Status way poor: even the tram tracks are rarely brought to such a state

34 ▼ Hopper is also very interesting - like and on the ways, but really underneath the rails have long departed

35 ▼ And all this with a reproach was the second, the late President of the Republic Sergei Bagapsh

And what am I talking about Silent Hill at the beginning of the post? The fact that the population of the city after the war in the early 90's has decreased by several times. The city itself looks deserted. But even he did not go to any comparison with Akarmaroy - the city is even higher in the mountains, which was previously also led the railroad now dismantled for scrap ...

36 ▼ The city lives about 200 people, and the housing is built on more than 2,000 ...

37 ▼ The town built the German prisoners after the war, and, according to our guide, so loved this place that refused to go back to Germany

38 ▼

39 ▼ The bridge, arch Warped over a mountain river, a unique architectural structure. Unfortunately, the train does not run on it for a long time ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting