Uncomfortable topic, which we NEED to talk!

Why I again and again raise this "uncomfortable" topic — pedophilia? Why publish useful articles on how to protect children and how to talk with them on this difficult subject? Because often meet in my practice, adults who, many years later, I remember about terrible events from his childhood. These cases have subsequently impact on their entire future life. And for various reasons they were not told an adult about it.

Most of my adult clients and no one ever talked about it to me, long years of living with your trouble and my shame "one on one". And they turn to a psychologist quite other issues, and terrible cases emerge from memory in the process of psychological work. Our memory has a protective function — to forget the terrible. So take care of nature so we can continue to live and not out of my mind of memories about the old injuries.

And if then, in childhood, children would be told about what is happening to their parents, the nightmare would be for them stopped much earlier. But they were silent, and terrible things went on. It is good that these people are alive! Not everyone is so lucky.

The psychologist must be able in psychological work with the client to be emotionally involved. This is an important condition to help him. But there are stories that within just all inverted and very difficult not to get involved. Tell a story that is hard to read. If you are sensitive, better not read.

7-year-old girl got into a car accident with his parents. The parents died on the spot, and the girl miraculously survived, survived. The girl in a state of posttraumatic shock was taken to hospital, where her grandmother took care of. Since the grandmother had to deal with the paperwork and funeral, and the girl alone in the apartment to leave she didn't, the grandmother agreed to leave the girl for a few days with close friends parents who lived next door to the girls apartment. It was a family — husband, wife and child. They were friends with the parents of the girl for many years, went to each other's homes, their children played together. Grandma thought that they, the closest friends of the family, which the girl well knows, are now able to support the child and take care of her until she settles all formal issues. And the worst happened.

The father of this family was a pedophile. Taking advantage of this tragedy, he abused the girl, and continued doing this for a few days while she stayed in his apartment. He also threatened her that they would be killed if she is someone you tell about it. A small child emerging from the strong shock from the loss of parents who died in front of him, and left absolutely without protection, experienced another horror, which is so to anyone and never dared to tell. Since then 25 years have passed. The girl grew up, got married and always felt a strong pain syndrome during sexual relations and disgust for everything connected with sex life.

Long thought to publish this post or not. And decided to publish in order to attract the attention of parents to this complex subject. Take care of their children. And let them know exactly what will always come to you and tell you everything that happens to them. Not being afraid that you will scold or just will not believe. Talk with your child in simple terms about security. published

Author: Catherine KES

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vk.com/ekaterina_kes?w=wall-6084434_4335

Tags

See also

New and interesting