Instant glue and baking soda artisanal 3D printing out of your pocket!

About instant glue with baking soda is that even jokes are not made up, but everyone is silent about one interesting feature. Thus, the mixture of the cyanoacrylate and soda instantly polymerizes (harden), releasing heat and is grasping the molecular bonds with adjacent layers.

But not with any. With ABS plastic and polypropylene — bad.

Well, what of it? When layer-by-layer casting (or rather, "zakupki") to comply with the exact shape of the parts easy. A lot of surplus at the end has to be removed mechanically. How about "shuttering" of the same materials at hand? Artisanal 3D printing out of pocket.

Broke I Podlehnik in the car. He lay me six months, lay (thought, will print a new one, yeah) until I stumbled on monitor repair soda. Having estimated the cost of a replacement armrest (only together with the whole console), decided the money to buy the tool. The "official" enough for the whole shop, I guess.

Formwork

Continue associative array: instant adhesive, soda... the usual adhesive tape. It is made of polypropylene, and cyanoacrylate ignores her. This means: do not pull out, just remove. With transparency and samarlakota from the usual "Scotch" comes out a great form, giving details form at the stage of polymerization. As detail is filled in layers, process is similar to 3D printing in the steampunk genre (instead of water vapor is a poisonous fume cyanoacrylate). Adhesive tape then easily removed with a file slightly to remove. You can do the repair, and the strange art (in protective glasses and a mask-respirator, perhaps).

Detail of the armrest of one of my cars. Thin loops of ABS plastic was broken out "with meat".
The main form new loops dowry transparent tape that is easily removed.

What's the instantly

But back to the soda. I had to drill slim hole to a depth of two lengths of the drill, and even purchased the stand for the drill is not as easy as it seems. Here is main characteristic: the rate of polymerization. Missed? It does not matter, gently, "bury" hole back ustroim drill setting and drill, harden the benefit of all instantly. Not every material so quickly and easily forgiving.

Again about storage cyanoacrylate

How much CA-glue wasted from improper storage! Do not throw bags of desiccant (silica gel), which can be found in some shopping. Place the adhesive tube with silica gel in transparent bag with a clasp (in which small items sell). Then put this in the fridge, fastened the bag with glue to the same not as annoying family members. Keep away from children!

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: geektimes.ru/post/270538/

Tags

See also

New and interesting