"After Pushkin": how was the fate of Natalia Goncharova after the poet's death

August 27 (8 September) in 1812 was born a woman, played a fatal role in the life of Pushkin, - Natalia Goncharova. Her personality and his contemporaries, and in modern times has always been extremely controversial: it was called, and the evil genius, to destroy the great poet, and slandered victim.

Photo source: Kulturologia.ruO Goncharova is usually judged by the 6 years that she spent in marriage with Pushkin, but the next 27 years of her life, allows to make a much more complete and accurate idea of ​​what was in fact one of the first beauties higher light beginning of the XIX century.

Website published a great article on-line magazine "Cultural Studies" about the life of Pushkin's wife after his death.

Before his death, Alexander asked her: "Go to the village. Wear mourning for me for two years and then get married, but only for a decent man. " She complied with his request, but not married two years, and seven years later. At 25 years old Natalya Pushkin was left a widow with 4 children. Many believed her guilty of the poet's death and called frivolous and empty secular beauty.

Two weeks after the death of Pushkin Natalia with children went to his brother Dmitri, in their family estate Linen Factory. There she led a reclusive life, and almost anyone but relatives did not accept. Of course, after the capital's shine, grand balls and receptions that her life seemed boring and monotonous, but bring inner balance: "Sometimes this sadness grips me that I feel the need for prayer - she confessed. - These minutes before an icon of concentration, in the secluded corner of the house, bring me relief. Then I again take to the peace of mind that had often mistaken for coldness and me in it criticized. »

To her repeatedly wooed wealthy and titled suitors, but all of them were refused: none of them was prepared to take her four children. She offered to arrange them in prestigious educational institutions away from home, but she replied: "This is a burden my children, that I am not her husband." After 2 years, Natalya Pushkin again arrives in St. Petersburg, but in the light, and there is rarely involved in the upbringing of children.

Natalya got married 7 years after Pushkin's death in 1844, her choice became poor, but genuinely fond of her, Peter Lansky - Lieutenant-General, a colleague of her brother. At the time she was 32 years old, he - 45. The wedding ceremony was a quiet and humble, was invited to the wedding only close relatives. Her children he adopted as his own. In this marriage were born three more daughters. In addition to his seven, Natalia nursed another 4 children of relatives. "My mission - to be the headmistress of the orphanage, - she writes Lansky. - God sends me children from all sides ... »

In recent years, the life of Natalia was often ill. She no longer go out and often go abroad for treatment. She died on the 52-year life of pneumonia. Peter Lansky surviving spouse for 14 years.

via www.kulturologia.ru/blogs/270816/31099/

Tags

See also

New and interesting