10 amazing facts about the outstanding Russian mathematician Grigory Perelman

Prominent Russian mathematician Grigori Perelman, who proved the Poincaré conjecture in 1990 raised to the ears of all the international scientific community for his work in mathematics, physics and geometry. However, the world-famous Perelman made it proof of the Poincaré conjecture and non-monetary rewards for their labors. In the life of a genius mathematician was a lot of bright and memorable moments, which caused a storm of debate in all parts of the world.

Gazeta.ru Website publishes a compilation of facts about Grigory Perelman.

Proving "Poincaré conjecture" and making many other contributions to science, Perelman had absolutely no interest in fame, recognition and related financial well-being. He is still considered one of the least public figures of Russian science. He only in the Russian academic community, who entered the top ten of the world's geniuses alive today. When a member of the hiring committee at Stanford asked Perelman CV (resume) and letters of recommendation, Perelman opposed ". If they know my work, they do not need my CV if they need my C. v, they do not know my work" . Perelman once admitted that know how to control the universe, and therefore "sees no reason to run for a million." In one of his works Perelman not without humor modestly points out that it is partially funded by personal savings, savings during his visits to the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, State University of New York (SUNY) and the University of California at Berkeley, and thanks the organizers of the trips. At the same time the official mathematical community grants allocated millions for individual research groups to understand and verify the work of Perelman. Once in Odessa on the street Soviet political advertisements used the photo Perelman for pensioners image with the text: "And I have raised pensions on 7 UAH! October 31 vote zaregionalov or Tigipko. " After completing secondary school, Perelman did not get a gold medal just because they did not pass the TRP rates. How can compete in prestige school with a gold medal, for example, the European Mathematical Society Prize for young mathematicians? Or offer to become an academician of Russian Academy of Sciences? However, Gregory, and it did not care. He was interested in only those things that touch the science itself. All interviews ever data Grigory Perelman, raise some doubts about the authenticity. Experts links lead to errors, including math, which currently Perelman could never admit in many interviews, which can be found in the press. However, the refutation of the mathematics they are not reported. Laying out a solution to one of the seven "millennium problems" in the network in 2002, the year he confined himself to general mathematical reasoning in the form of formulas on three pages, without detailed calculations. It does not become a "chew" their proof of Perelman and after offering a reward a few years later. He even remained silent when his Chinese counterparts, led by the Chinese-American mathematician Yau "chewed" Shintunom his proof in detail, forgetting to mention Perelman as the author of the evidence. After a thorough inspection the global scientific community has recognized his work perfect. In 2006, Perelman refused the Fields Medal -. < analogue of the Nobel Prize for mathematicians Grigory Perelman, the reclusive lives with his mother in the usual panel high-rise building on the outskirts of St. Petersburg. Nothing, except mathematics, is not interested in, contact with the outside world to minimize and categorically does not communicate with the press.

via diletant.media/articles/29337973/

Tags

See also

New and interesting