That's why you should not put a period at the end of SMS-messages!

One little trick has changed a lot in my life ... Text messages - something without which you can not do in our time

. Every day I send a lot of messages to their employees, relatives, friends. Of course, I follow the literacy and content of their messages. But it turns out, there is a nuance that I unknowingly lost sight of! And very much in vain.

How to write SMSNedavno scientists from Binghamton University conducted an interesting study. 126 students were asked to read a series of text messages and notes written by hand, and then to assess the degree of sincerity of reading on a scale of 1 to 7.

The results were totally unexpected! If one does not put an end to the end of the handwritten message, it is regarded as an error. But if the source send SMS in the message body was missing the point, most participants in the experiment was considered a sign of this, credible!

A text message without complicated punctuation seems to be more spontaneous. When we write to someone, then imitate spoken language
. If the interviewee puts point at the end of phrases and responds with a delay for a long time choosing his words, the other party to the conversation there is a feeling that are tricky game with him! Sometimes a point at the end of SMS-messages are regarded as a sign expressing aggression, skepticism, anger.

Words have meaning. But on the punctuation should not be forgotten! We live in an exciting time of change, changing the principle of communication between people and the language itself. It is important to take this into account, corresponding with friends.

In the response to a point at the end and exclamation I always choose the one in which there is an exclamation point: it is a positive reaction in the interlocutor

. Check this information on their own experience and tell about the results! The words are strong, remember this ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting