How to make rose water. Recipe

Industrial floral water - a residual product of an aromatic oil by steam distillation

. Make natural rose or other flower water (Hydrolat or distillate of rose) easily at home.

Article - 2 recipe preparation of rose water from the petals of rose garden, as well as a recipe nourishing moisturizer with rose water

The use of rose water

The Romans believed that rose water helps from 32 ailments, and one of Cleopatra's beauty secret is precisely in washing your face with rose water.

Good use natural rose and flower scented water for skin care (consisting of lotions, creams and as a tonic for the skin).

Rose water is added to the air conditioners and conditioners for hair that is left on the hair. Rose Water moisturizes, nourishes and cares for the skin and hair. Rose water is especially good for skin prone to dryness.

In cooking, pink and other floral water is added to the composition of sweet pastry in desserts (ice cream and sorbet, meringue), as well as light refreshments.

How to make rose water at home

Collect petals garden roses or wild roses in the early morning of that day, when going to make rose water. Roses have to be grown without the use of chemical pesticides and other hazardous chemicals. According to my observations, it is best to fit most rosewater scented shrub rose and rosehip with the smell of myrrh, or fruit and citrus flavors (I use Austin English roses from my garden).

Place the rose petals on the bottom of a wide pan, so that it was covered in several layers. Fill the petals with water so that the water just covers them.

After that you can prepare rose water in two ways:

Pink water. Recipe 1

In the center of the bottom of the pan, place an empty bowl or a low glass jar so that its top is a couple of centimeters above the water level. Cover the pan with an inverted lid, then the pair will meet on the cover and slide down and condensate (rose water) will drip from the pen of an inverted lid of the pan directly into the bowl.

Heat the water with rose petals to a simmer. When the water boils, turn down the gas and fill the inverted lid of the pan with ice cubes. Let the water with rose petals boil on low heat for about an hour or longer. Periodically add the ice and make sure that the water in which rose petals are not boiled away entirely (you can add more water if necessary).

Ready-made rose water is going into a bowl at the end of the process.

Pink water. Recipe 2

Cover the pan with a lid (not inverted, and as usual), and turn on the gas. Slightly bringing water with rose petals to a boil, turn down the gas and keep the water in this state as long as the petals of a rose does not lose color (it can take half an hour). Then separate the water from the petals, squeeze the petals, if necessary - the resulting strain rosewater

. Cooked to these prescriptions rose water immediately pour into the prepared sterilized bottle, close tightly and store in the refrigerator or in a cool dark place.

If stored properly, natural rose water, home-cooked, perfectly preserves the aroma, color and taste to a year or even longer.

Moisturizing Cream with rose water. Recipe

To prepare a nourishing cream with rose water at home, you'll need some low-cost high-quality thick cream without perfume and other extra weighting components. I used a popular cream SeraVi (CeraVe) with a good formula, and ceramides company Coria.

You can cook the cream and entirely "from scratch", but then need to buy emulsifiers to the cream turned elastic and all components were placed evenly, whereas in the finished cream industry already have everything you need and it can only enrich the formulation with rose water and oil.

In the cream, add some of the best natural oil (I used the best quality olive oil), and then, stirring constantly, dilute cream with rose water to the desired thickness. I like a more liquid cream, and you can do as you like.

Rose water will give an amazing smell of cream roses and a nice shade of beige.

If you want a strong odor, place a large drop in the cream of natural essential oil of rose and stir well.

Ready cream with rose water, I pour into a bottle with dispenser.

Cream with rose water is always a pleasure to use for both body and face: he goes well, absorbs quickly, leaving no trace. The skin after it soft, smooth, elastic and well-hydrated.

Try to make this cream! It's easy and does not take long and the result is sure to delight.

Author: Oksana Jeter

Tags

See also

New and interesting