Two magic words are more important than "thank you" and "please"

Yesterday we took a walk and happened to be at an indoor skating rink. Played hockey, ice machine is cleaned, and went out to ride a pair of budding and small figuristochki. My daughter was mesmerized, I looked at them and did not want to leave. Long watched something weighed about something thought ... She really wanted to go. But we had a lot BUT. She is only 2, 5 years, the size of her skates at the box office and did not exist, I was in a hurry about their business, an ice rink was closed after 20 minutes. But Tasha really wanted to go so asked, as if everything was at stake. And I said:

«Well, let's try ..!»

We took the smallest skate size 25, stuffed in a sock twisted shoe, laced tighter and went on the ice. Little legs would not obey, braided, went home - in general, behaved as it should be for the first time on the ice. After 20 minutes, an ice rink was closed. And, of course, Tasha was frustrated, but even more was impressed and inspired by the fact that we tried.

We found these two magic words, when Tasha was about a year. When my husband first said them, they like opened up whole worlds of experiments for us.

- Dad, come out of the snow-blind robot
! On the street -15.
- Cold, Tash, the snow was not sticking and crumbling ...
- Dad, let's try

! And they try. And it turns out.

"Dad, let's try to mix all the colors of your hands!»

Or: "Mom, I want to help you make soup." hot soup, sharp knife ... Of course, I find it easier to do everything itself, but it says: «I want to help you! Let's try! » Come on. With a little practice, and that it really helps me to make soup. Her responsibilities - to cut the potatoes and grate the carrots. Yes, not very smoothly and very quickly, yes, I stand and say a hundred times to remove the fingers away, but we tried it and it works.

Children, including the internal children, simply rejoice in the moments of "let's try it!" And it seems so, so arranged childhood: to try, lyubopytnichat, to take on whatever comes to mind without thinking of the consequences. But for adults this skill helps to relieve themselves of excess liability, look each other in the eye and decide on a new adventure that captures the spirit, leaping to laugh or shrug, if it does not cool.

< Magic in the that we do it together, supporting each other , experimenting, ready for what will not work immediately, no risk, just try and all.

"Let's try it!" - A story about vulnerability, we seem to say, "I do not know what will happen, I do not know, not sure, I can not vouch for the results," but it is this sincerity and desire to take a step together into the complete unknown cause run shivers on the back! And it's a way to find a way out of the most difficult and complicated relationship. "I'm confused. Let's try to talk "or" I am now very difficult, let's try a different way. »

Why not?! Let's try!

Author: Anne Black
Photos on the preview: Eugenio «The Wedding Traveler» WILMAN / Creative Commons

via creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Tags

See also

New and interesting