If you can not beat fear - draw it

It is impossible to write objectively about fear. The mind immediately begins to analyze the information to try to correlate with experience. To cope with this task, you must present yourself invulnerable creature, and fear, "given the status of" a kind of disease, ill which the researcher can not in principle. It is difficult, but worth a try. But what is the fear?

From a medical point of view - is the physiological processes in the amygdala of the brain. From the point of view of psychology - the internal state due to real or perceived scourge negatively colored emotional process. Nevertheless, in spite of the negative attitude of fear, the society is ready to fill up the identity of a plurality of dies, for example: "Do not fear just crazy." So, fear - it is a good idea? Of course, if we consider it as an emotion that works in tandem with the instinct of self-preservation. The main thing that it is "useful sense" did not develop into a phobia. This is a slippery slope, especially in matters of irrationality. Despite the fact that death - is a mystery and inevitability, most of us are afraid of death, although this is irrational. Unconscious primal fear of the dark room and the unknown can not win the beautiful quotes.

But recent studies scholars have shown that most people are much more afraid of spiders than death. This is undoubtedly a new and very interesting chapter in a tome dedicated to fear. In making its modest contribution, I would suggest that the main thing - it is not an object, and the angle from which you look at it. Do not put so much effort to overcome fear. This forces you to analyze, constantly keeping the terrible picture before my eyes. It would be much better if you try to forget about it ... or recreate. Why, I wonder, directors frequently shoot horror movies, and artists paint a frightening picture? And embodied in lines awe of Mr. Edgar Allan Poe? Not if this answer to the main question: how to overcome fear?

Record your fears - a fairly common practice. Mary Shelley and Howard Lovecraft made this habit of good literary career. Salvador Dali also painted their own dreams, and, judging by some of the pictures, it is not always dreamed of pink ponies. Maybe we should try? The beauty is that by drawing or describing on paper own fear, you switch from object to process: "So, I imagine your own monster with horns and hooves. Draw! Let the horn be larger and longer legs ... no, this is like a cow. " Fear can draw any: funny, little, weak. Eventually, it can be erased. Forever!

Whichever way you choose, we wish you defeat all the fears that prevent you from living. Fear of spiders, you can leave.

Oleg Nagornov specifically for the Website
Picture on preview: Elizaveta Parfinenko / shutterstock

via www.shutterstock.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting