Farewell to my little boy

I passed the open door and stopped for a second to turn off the lights in the room. I looked at the man lying on the bed, and I thought: "Young man. < This is not my little boy, and a young man
Wait. Wait a second. I need to get used to the idea. It takes time to say "good-bye».

I've done it many times. At one time I let go of a helpless baby who was placed literally on the palms, let widely smiling little boy who always went into a pirate costume and carry with them their favorite toys. I let go of the student who had an endless passion for research, constantly somewhere lost, and to make me a heart attack. I loved every stage of his childhood and his mother. But each time, looking forward to the next steps, while I mourned the past.

Most recently, I was praying that he stayed a little child. I just needed to see this little person still slightly hung around a little. But soon he inevitably moved to the next stage. < It grew. And I grew up with it, because I had no choice: either you grow up here together, or find yourself left out

. I can not but rejoice that, what a wonderful man he was becoming. It is undergoing global changes. Its growth is changing every week, the voice becomes lower, and even a coup in thinking! My God, we even started to discuss on an equal footing policy, and he obviously knows what he is talking. It is growing, moving forward, it strives to reach their potential. < That's life.

I think I will always miss that smiling little boy, on his crazy ideas, the games in the machines. Mental farewell to each stage allows me to realize not only their loss, but what do I get in return. My boy is growing, and it is a magical spectacle: in front we have a lot of adventures

. I was lucky that he still thinks I'm cool, or at least pretends to believe so. He still wants to spend time with me, but, of course, more often walks with friends. The main thing is that he never neglects to kiss goodbye or say "I love you", even if there is someone else. < He was still interested in my opinion, but now he formulates his own.

By the way, sometimes it still takes me by the hand when we cross the road. But now I'm not sure if he was doing it out of your security or wants to protect me. Whatever his motive, I hold.

Author: Wendy Del Monte
Translation and adaptation of the Website
Preview: River Road Entertainment

via www.riverroadentertainment.net/

Tags

See also

New and interesting