5 taste of the salad Arcobaleno

Many people know that arcobaleno - is a rainbow in Italian, but please do not rush to conclusions c. It goes about the colors of the salad, and the versatility of its flavor. I swung out to connect all five, especially after working umami taste ...

This theme of a series of "we all ate a hundred times, but did not know the name» ...))

Talk about a fifth taste MINDS could be endless, but I will try tezisno. Minds can be found in 3 ways: a) in a bag with a "flavor enhancer" inscription, but today is not about him, b) As some natural and naturally fermented products, c) combined (mixed) flavors of some products

. Examples: the taste of a ripe tomato and the best what? That's right, sweet with a more or less sour. And if the salt? There is a new flavor, not sweet-sour-salty, namely the new, it is difficult to describe, but the overall taste of the product clearly become brighter! And if the tomatoes are well provyalit in the sun? Yes, even with herbs! The taste becomes even more vivid, as if amplified, and other again. This is the taste of Umami! For the same reason jerked Parma ham brighter very good raw as carpaccio. This also explains the phenomenon of sushi and rolls - in the minds of nori multiplies the original flavors of the products used, and dipping in soy sauce (naturally fermented) "puts us on the shoulder," finally and irrevocably

! Parmesan (like all aged cheeses) is a veritable storehouse of minds - for crunchy crystals on the teeth of this cheese is not more than the "fifth taste" in almost pure form. The same applies to shavings of dried tuna for dashi, and many other products. Umami present in unfermented foods - nuts (especially walnuts), grapes, broccoli, mushrooms (especially shiitake), oysters, algae and many spices, without its bright flavor, but changing the taste of the final product

. Incidentally, though often called umami "taste of meat" fresh meat is present to a lesser extent, but in the fermented course, many times more.

Sodium Glutamate (often identified with taste umami) looks like salt and is made of a series of products, such as wheat gluten, and therefore well-chewed sprouts of this cereal as is the product of minds. However, not only has this magical wheat fifth taste - any sprouts and young shoots, according to the conventional products is something that way, fresh and tasty is incomprehensible, except deductions for vegetable proteins and healthy eating ...

So Arcobaleno salad! The ingredients are many and if you have read the foregoing, it realized at once what kind of product, for which of the five flavors answers. Let's go ...
That's what I needed:

- Mix of crisp salads - 1 handful,

- Fennel - 1/8 piece,

. - Pears - ½ piece,

. - Avocado - ½ piece

. Filling:

- Cumin - 1 kof.l.,

- Olive oil (OM), garlic - 2 tablespoons,

- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp,

- Jam of young pine cones - 3 tsp,

- Lime juice - ¼ of piece,

. - Coarse pepper - steam mill Whack

For serving:

- Pine cones Young (out of a jam) - 3 pcs,

. - Chestnuts - 2 pcs,

. - Tomatoes plume baby 5 pieces,

. - Fennel greens,

- Wheat germ 2 day - 1 tablespoon

First made refueling, it should be very vibrant in flavor and become a star of the salad. I rubbed cumin in a mortar and mix it with other ingredients, tasted ... Wow! Jam made of cones, of course, an amateur - a bitter-sweet and very tart, have it in I do not like its pure form, but for sauces and dressings is that you need to

! Then I sent podsushivatsya chestnuts, cut by a masculine strength with shells into 4 pieces ...

A portion of salad greens Shots on a large plate, and is often mixed with petals, sliced ​​fennel, pears, avocados and soft tiny bumps (they are also a form of shoots). Tucked ...

Immediately after this photo I have prepared chestnuts, they are easy to clean and gave off a light exquisite nutty flavor. They also sliced ​​and cushy sent to the main products ...

It's time to gather all together! A mixture of basic products neatly laid out on a plate lined with over crisp greens. Top slices of tomato, slices of chestnuts and wheat germ ...

At the end sprinkle with chopped fennel greens and I sbryznula lemon juice to enhance the sour notes. Here's a salad with a temperamental character I got that first shocked my buds, but the shock quickly gave way to exultation and thunderous applause ...)

Tags

See also

New and interesting