The poem "Love" Joseph Brodsky: story of passion

Nobel laureate Joseph Brodsky walked all fellow writers on the number of initiations of a single woman - the mysterious "MB" All of his poems were dedicated to the artist Marina Basmanova, which the poet even considered his bride.

Joseph Brodsky and Marina Basmanova first met March 2 1962 at a party in the apartment of the future of the famous composer Boris Tishchenko. It was love at first sight. It seemed that nothing can separate them.

But fate would have it, the couple broke up. When on the eve of the new, 1964 Brodsky was hiding from the police in Moscow, for fear of being arrested for parasitism, Marina went to his friend.

When to Brodsky heard rumors of treason Marina, he fell in Leningrad, spit on everything. A few days later he was arrested on the street and put in a mental hospital for a "forensic". Then there was a well-known process that ended Brodsky reference to the three years in the Arkhangelsk region.

Basmanova several times came to his village Norenskaya Arkhangelsk region and had long lived in very modest circumstances. In a series of meetings and farewells in 1968 the couple had a son, Andrew. Above the clouds were gathering Brodsky: the people of the bodies clearly advised him to go to the West. He had hoped to the last that they emigrate together: he, she and the son ...

Brodsky left alone. More than a year he continued to dedicate poems Marina. As if in revenge for her betrayal, he changed women like a glove, not tired of repeating that never in my life will not be able to get along with anyone under one roof, except with his beloved cat Mississippi.

That all changed when once in a lecture at the Sorbonne Brodsky saw among their students Slavic Sotstsani Mary, which later became not only a loving wife, but also a true friend and helper in all the literary and publishing affairs. But it will be then, and then ... And in 1971, he dedicated his poem "MBĀ»

Twice I woke up that night
and I walked to the window, and the lights in the window,
scrap phrase, uttered in his sleep,
nullifying, like dot,
I did not bring me consolation.
You dreamed of me pregnant, and here,
I lived so many years with you in separation,
I felt his guilt, and his hands,
I am feeling happy to belly,
practice pants
nasharivat and the switch. And raved to the window,
I knew I left you alone