The parable of "Unforgettable Love"

It was the usual troublesome morning, when, about 8:30 am, an elderly man, age 80, came to remove the stitches from the thumb of his hand. It was evident that he was in a hurry, and he said a little voice trembling with emotion, he had important business at 9 am.

Regretfully shook his head and I asked him to sit down, knowing that all doctors are busy and they can do no earlier than an hour. However, watching with some sadness in his eyes he kept glancing at the clock, in me as if something compassionate skipped a beat - and I thought the good I did not have at the moment other patients to take his wound.

Examining his finger, I found that the wound time to heal well, and talking with one of the doctors, I got the necessary tools for removal of sutures and medical supplies for the treatment of wounds.

Taking up his finger close, we got to talking. I could not resist and asked him:
- You must have an appointment, once you are in such a hurry.
- No, not exactly. I have to catch the hospital to feed my sick wife.

Then I asked what happened to her. And the elderly man replied that she unfortunately discovered Alzheimer's disease. While we were talking, I was able to remove the stitches and finished processing his wounds. Glancing at the clock, I asked if she would worry if he was a little late.

To my utter surprise, my companion said she, alas, did not know his last five years.
- She does not even know what I told her hallway - shaking his head, he added.

Bewildered, I exclaimed:
- And you still go there every morning, even though she does not even know who you are?
He smiled paternally patted me on the arm, said:
- She does not know who I am, but I know who she is.

I barely restrained tears. And as soon as he was gone, I had goose bumps on the arms and I thought, "Why, this is the love of which I dreamed all my life ..."

Tags

See also

New and interesting