5 fun facts about the rulers of drunken

Power and money to bring a person a lot of temptations, and history is replete with rulers, who regularly filmed stress inherent in each head using alcohol. < Website offers to recall some prominent rulers known fondness for the gifts of Bacchus.

«Not a drop before breakfast» h2> «I have all the necessities of life:" A hot bath, cold champagne, fresh peas and old cognac "- wrote in 1915 to his brother, the future British Prime Minister Winston Churchill. Love this great politician Alcohol persisted throughout his life. Whether he suffers from this pernicious affection? Apparently, not much.

«I took to alcohol more than it has taken away from me ..." - this famous saying of Churchill explains a lot. We can not say that he was a fanatic of a single drink: on his desk were brandy and whiskey, and champagne.

By the way, sparkling wine Churchill, in his own words, preferred to anticipate any important matter. But do not assume that the politician did not know very much action. "In my youth I made it a rule not to drink a drop of alcohol before lunch. - Churchill said. - Now that I am no longer young, I hold the right not to drink a drop of alcohol before breakfast ... "addiction" the greatest Briton in history "has long been commonplace. No wonder his name were called dozens of different drinks, as well as a special form of cigars, which Churchill invariably accompanies every use of alcohol.

«Prospirtovanny President» h2> If the main British drunkard Churchill considered the twentieth century, the Russian - Boris Yeltsin. What to hide, this addiction is the first Russian president to this day is perhaps the main argument that led his opponents in the debate on the establishment of democracy in the new Russia. Wishes to brush up the special atmosphere of the 90's are gaining in search engine query "drunken Yeltsin" and receive a huge number of clips with drunk president, who was generous with his unusual behavior and outrageous antics.

Some thought the behavior of the head of state is unacceptable, while others are assured that it will add a popular president. Anyway, even Western journalists called Yeltsin "drunken scoundrels" and The Times newspaper in connection with the drunkenness of the Russian leader wrote: "No More in Russian history could not save the state hundreds of liters of formaldehyde, reliable prospirtovav itself not just in life, but More, and in the power ».

of death from cirrhosis h2> The great Turkish reformer, founder of the modern Turkish state and the first president of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, as a consistent supporter of all secular and European, I learned one is not typical for the Muslim peoples of the habit - often throw the collar. It is believed that a drink Ataturk was raki - Turkish anisette. Discussing at dinner with influential people political agenda, the head of Turkey could drink a lot of anise. By the way, on the initiative of Atatürk in the country was organized by many distilleries enterprises and created quite a powerful alcohol industry.

In 1937, the politician had serious health problems. Doctors discovered he had liver cirrhosis caused by chronic alcoholism. Despite the diagnosis, the 56-year-old Atatürk did not leave his post, but died shortly thereafter.

A former alcoholic h2> Few people know this dark page in the life of former US President George W. Bush, but for many years he tried unsuccessfully to give up the bottle. This he said not so long ago in a candid interview with reporters. Bush said that in the mid-80s in its affairs began a big problem, which he richly poured alcohol. Problems of this does not become less, while the life of the future president was literally downhill.

In recognition of Bush, he decided to "engage" in one day and even called the exact date of this momentous event - July 28, 1986. On this day, Bush woke up in a hotel room with a severe hangover after another drinking binge, and thought that this can no longer continue. However, this decision was not easy to him: for all break with the "green snake" Bush helped religion.

propyl everything h2> The Byzantine Emperor Michael III, the last ruler of the Amorite dynasty, propyl everything he could - property means parents and even their own throne, for which he received the nickname "drunkard." Michael is the son of the Emperor Michael and the baby became a monarch, but independent ruler was never as regent was his mother.

Contemporaries described Michael drunkard as a tyrant, a great libertine, a lover of endless fun and dirty fun. The question of power was not engaged in the Byzantine emperor, preferring drinking, revelry and orgies.

According to the Byzantine writer Simeon Metaphrastes, "at the table in a drunken company his comrades feasting competed in atrocities, and the king he admired it and gave the award to one hundred gold coins to dirty libertine who could emit winds with a force that could put out the candle on the table" . All this has led to the fact that power in Byzantium into the hands of one of the companions of Michael - Basil the Macedonian, who killed his friend in 867.

via diletant.media/articles/26667343/

Tags

See also

New and interesting