"Words only hinder to understand each other"

Fox paused and stared at the little prince. Then he said:

- Please ... tame me!

- I would be happy - said the little prince - but I have so little time. I still have to find friends and learn different things.

- Check only those things that are tame, - said the fox. - People do not have time to learn anything. They buy things ready in stores. But there are no stores where sold to friends, because people no longer have friends. If you want, that you have a friend, tame me!

- What should be done for this? - I asked the little prince.

- We must be patient, - said Fox. - First, sit down over there, away, on the grass - that's it. I will glance at you sideways and you be silent. The words only hinder to understand each other. But every day sit a little closer ...

The next day the little prince came back to the same place.

- It is better always comes in the same hour - Fox asked. - For example, if you come at four o'clock, I'm already three hours feel happy. The closer to the appointed hour, the happier. At four o'clock, I start to worry and worry. I know the value of happiness! And if you come every time in a different time, I do not know to what hour to prepare my heart ... It is necessary to observe the rites.

- And what rites? - I asked the little prince.

- It is also something long forgotten - Fox explained. - Something is why one particular day becomes like all the other days, one hour - at all other hours. For example, at my hunters have a ritual on Thursdays they dance with the village girls. And what a wonderful day - Thursday! I'm going for a walk and get to a very vineyard. But if the hunters danced when you have to, every day would be the same, and I would never know rest.

So the little prince tamed the fox. And then came the hour of parting.

- I'll cry for you - Fox sighed.

- You are to blame, - said the little prince. - I do not want you to get hurt; you yourself wanted me to tame you ...

- Yes, of course - said Fox.

- But you're gonna cry!

- Yes, of course.

- So, it makes you feel bad.

- No, - said Fox - I feel good.

An excerpt from the story "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
Translation by Nora Gal
Illustration on preview: Eileen

via dreamlovewallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/The-Little-Prince-And-Fox-2015-Cartoon-Wallpaper.jpg

Tags

See also

New and interesting