11 life lessons from John Lennon

John Lennon lived a short, but extremely bright, fruitful and eventful life. He left to posterity not only invaluable musical heritage, but also its particular philosophy.

Today, the feast day of the famous Beatles band member, Website publishes the best-known statements from interviews and letters to the musician.

Love - this is all that you need, but it requires effort

Love - this is the perfect plant. You can not just take it out, put in a closet and think that it will grow there by itself. You have to water it. You have to really take care of it and cherish every day. Love is like a flower - you have to let it grow.

If we want peace, we can declare it now! h3>

Peace - this is not what you want; that's what you're doing, what you are and what you give. Declare it. Likewise, we declare war. Only in this way we will have peace. We just have to declare it. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then the world would not be.

We can find God within yourself h3>

I believe in God, but not in a thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God lives inside all of us. I believe that Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and all the others were telling the truth. Just before we reached the translation is not quite right.

Fantasy real h3>

I believe in everything until it's disproved. I believe in fairies, myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it is only in your mind. Surrealism had a great effect on me, because I realized that the imagery in my mind was not insanity. For me, surrealism - is a reality. The reality lives through imagination.

We have to be who we are h3>

I'm not going to change the way of vision or attitude to match anything. I've always been a freak. I was a freak all my life, and I live with it, well, you know. I am one of those strange people. It does not matter how long my hair or the color of my skin, I'm a man or a woman. It's not important. It is strange not to be strange. You do not need someone who will tell you who you are. You are who you are!

Do not let other people decide for you h3>

The traditions are important. Nowadays it is fashionable to be unmarried. And I'm not interested to live for fashion. Like all it is impossible - if you try to, you end up that did not like anyone. Just be who you have.

Thank - it's not as cool as everyone thinks h3>

The Postman wants an autograph. The taxi driver wants a picture. The waitress wanted to shake his hand. Everyone wants a piece of you. It is - how to be the heart of the hurricane. Imagine that you wake up to the concert and I thought, wow, how I ended up here?

Materialism overvalued h3>

The Wealth of nine-tenths dishonest. It - nine-tenths of the problems. I was asked in an interview, what is more important: money or love? I told the journalist that if he is asked a question, do not understand the answer.

Take pride in your work h3>

To be selfish - to believe in what you do, I am proud to call me that. I believe in my art and I am not afraid to assert this. My role in society, as well as the role of any artist or poet, is to express your feelings. Do not tell people how to feel, not to be a preacher, but to be a reflection.

Family - this is important h3>

It does not climbed out of my stomach, but my God, I made it, I had to do every crumb, which he ate, I watched as he sleeps and he swims like a fish because I took it to the ocean. I'm so proud of all these things. But he - my greatest pride! I can be alone without Yoko, but then I just would not desire to be. There's no reason on earth why I should be alone without Yoko. There is nothing more important than our relationship, nothing. And we enjoy the fact that we are together. We could live separately, but then why live? I'm not going to sacrifice love, real love for the sake of some whore or other, or business, because in the end we find ourselves apart, we do not want any of us. And you will not be able to fill the bed with their fans. This does not work. I do not want to be a swinger. I've already been through all this, and say that there is nothing better than to have someone one who loves you.

You can get rid of the fear h3>

What are we here in this world? Certainly not to live in pain and fear. I am not afraid of death because they do not believe in it. It's just getting out of one car and sit in another.

See also:
25 reasons to love "the Beatles" more
How would hear songs Queen, if they were executed group The Beatles
The era of The Beatles

via www.powerofpositivity.com/john-lennon/

Tags

See also

New and interesting