Why iPhone images are always 9:42 or 9:41?

Have you noticed that for several years in all the commercials and the screenshots iPhone repeated the same figures: time, your smartphone is always 9:42? After the appearance of iPad numbers began to repeat and it: all the commercials and watch the screenshots show the tablet 9:41.

What do these numbers mean? Do they carry any meaning or is it a random selection of designers Apple? Website offers a look into the matter together with the main developer of Secret Lab by John Manning.

John tried to solve this riddle, assessing mathematical formulas and comparing date, but to no avail. At the end of the day, he decided that this phenomenon is no reasonable explanation. When in January, Apple introduced the iPad, and the screen again appeared mysterious numbers, he realized that it can not be a coincidence. How he managed to find a solution to the puzzle of numbers Apple?

It all happened by chance. John went to the Apple store in Palo Alto, where he saw a senior vice president of iPhone Scott Forstalla. Give the floor to John.

I wanted to go to him and say hello, but then noticed something.

Time on the iPad has changed the pictures. All promotional images show iPhone clock 9:42 am. No one knows exactly why, though many expressed their guesses.

But the clock is already the iPad shows 9:41. Hmmm.

I walked up to Scott, who at that time was based on the table showing the new device, he introduced himself and immediately got down to business.

"Why change the time? And if it comes to that, why the hell, iPhone always shows 9:42? »

Scott looked around and laughed conspiratorially.

"You want to know the real reason we chose this time?»

I nodded, not hiding his huge impatience.

"When we prepare a substantive report, we try to make a big announcement about the new products come on the fortieth minute presentation. We want to the point where a large image of a new device appears on the screen, while it was close to that show the clock in the hall. But we know that exactly 40 minutes, we did not succeed. »

"And that's why you threw a couple of minutes.»

"Yes! For iPhone, we have taken 42 minutes. This estimation was quite accurate, so in the case of iPad'om we decided to take 41 minutes. That's the whole secret of the magic time. »

"So you're saying that you have chosen the right number for your needs, and then used it in the main report and all of the promotional materials.»

"Aha! That's so easy. »

January 9, 2007 at 9:00 am, Steve Jobs took the stage Macworld Conference & Expo. After about 35 minutes of his speech he said: "That day, I was looking forward to two and a half years ...". And at 9:42 am, Steve will present the iPhone. That is, time in promotional materials Apple - it's almost the exact time of the announcement of iPhone
I can also solve the mystery of the calendar the iPhone, something like - "Why calendar box and commercials iPhone always shows 9 numbers Tuesday?" Because he was introduced Jan. 9, 2007, on Tuesday, well, as everyone knows 9: 42 am.

via infoglaz.ru/?p=82990

Tags

See also

New and interesting