The first step in the transition to electric vehicles in the German police

Munich police delegation under the leadership of Interior Minister of Bavaria (Germany), Joachim Herrmann (Joachim Herrmann) had at its disposal from the German automotive group Three BMW electric BMW i3. This is the first car with an electric motor in the power structures of Germany. Machinery immediately stand out thanks to their color scheme - blue colors instead of the usual poisonous green colors of the German police. In general, the police in Germany is planned to complete the transition to a range of colors starting from 2016.

«BMW i3 is the ideal machine for work in the German police, especially in terms of use for patrolling urban areas. Over the years, we have worked with the BMW Group for the optimum equipping our officers. I am very pleased that we continue this cooperation also in the "electric era" and is now ready to use electric vehicles for the police, "- he taunted his opinion, Joachim Herrmann. Note that in the Bavarian police have been successfully operated faster in the BMW 3-Series, 5-Series and 7-Series, even, including the prosecution of criminals on German autobahns.

Peter van Binsberger (Peter van Binsbergen), Head of Sales «BMW Group» in Germany, handed over the symbolic giant key-fob to electric cars shared his emotions: "We are proud that the unique combination of control, innovation and dynamics of the BMW i3 convinced the police of Bavaria use this vehicle for their work ».

Presented BMW i3 equipped with the latest systems «ConnectedDrive». The machines use integrated mobile SIM-card to send and receive data in real time between the patrol car and promptly rescue center. It is also equipped with electric beeper «RTK 7» (Blaulicht) and a digital radio system.

Production of this modification is carried out in the BMW plant in Leipzig BMW Group (Germany). The maximum capacity of the car - 125 kW / 170 hp with a maximum torque of 250 N ∙ m, which is available at any time. The BMW i3 uses a lithium-ion battery mounted in the lower part of the electric vehicle, and can be charged in 8 hours to 80% of full capacity through the normal household single phase outlet with a nominal voltage of 220 volts. With the help of high-voltage systems Wallbox power 50kW BMW i3 can be charged no more than 30 minutes. On a fully charged electric car from BMW is able to travel 130-160 kilometers depending on driving style and environmental conditions (topography, climate, etc.).

Earlier there was news network that LAPD transplanted to electric . Then law enforcement officers from the City of Angels received in the order of about 100 electric cars of different brands, including BMW i3.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/264284/

Tags

See also

New and interesting