Passionate pictures Leschi Kurbatov

Alex draws Kurbatov human emotions and feelings. Even if you draw a simple house. Even if this is an illustration for a news site on current temy.Ego work - it's not just filigree technique combining photographs, watercolors and Photoshop, it's fine, sensual aesthetics and depth of experience that exists in each one, and he gets it from us and shows us the same .

Alex illustrates books, paints for snobs, Heathcliff. Does the project "White Things" - posters, T-shirts, bags, mugs with their pictures. Among them there is a very lively portraits of great people, made in a special style.

But in advertising, he is not involved. What is surprising on the one hand, but on the other - very clear. Works Leschi - lively, passionate and dramatic - did not fit into the celluloid, castrated Russian advertising world.

Alex told us in your favorite site is the genre essay about themselves, their work, about life, about what moves them. The man turned out to be many talents - said wondering exciting, deep and very wise.

In our house there was a series of books "The life of remarkable people". Each volume many dull, dry paper with text and slightly coated reproductions. Later I realized that this principle works in all - chocolate less than filling, dough more than jam. These inserts with reproductions I have learned inside and out. The "Sobinov" they were a little indecent. In "Marat" - very often the same men in wigs. In the "Daumier" bigger picture and all about the revolution with the guillotine. When so I "read" all ZHZL, I had to master logs. Six years came to "Spark" in which critical social reports about empty shelves and the Emergency Committee bordered with constant spacing between articles - terrible polumyshyu of Bosch paintings. It is fun pulling paws, instead of the back showed some pocket - that is, perhaps, the first creative shock. Everything else was secondary. All that now you can remember, got out of that jumping over the page black-eyed creature.

Joseph Brodsky i>

Boris Strugatsky (for snobs) i>

Clint Eastwood i>

General de Gaulle (for snobs) i>

Sergei Dovlatov i>

Gandhi i>

Frida Kahlo i>

Marlene Dietrich i>

I'm left-handed. It seems to be - but so what? But it says that I'm always all allowed. Do not report to the adult does not interfere with play, do not retrained for right-handers. So if I have decided that you need to earn money, but not to learn - I was going to work and not to the institute. It does not get higher education. And now, it is not proud. Come and learn - the right to speak respectable professionals. I justify myself, I answer that I draw from morning till evening. One order, then immediately another, followed by a third. It turns out both the soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner ... what's the pride? Is that what a free man decides everything himself, even if those decisions might be better.

The illustrations on the theme of the day for to Lenta.ru. Timeline for each - 24 hours i>.

You've got to ask yourself - why do you do it in this business and not to others? In fact, always wanted to be a film critic and chef. But then it turned out that my aunt has a printing house, and the house got a computer and may be something to draw, the first card, the first card, the bright world of printing, one of your movement, and thousands of copies. You also called designer of printed products, but his brother had brought to work the plate and it seems that something slams - draw between work and then not work and paint, then you do not understand who these people are slaughtered copies, misspellings on Eighteenth page and night perevyvodom offset films.

Student riots in London (for snobs) i>

Illustrations for the September "Snob" (2010) i>

There is no courage in the decision to begin drawing the money, of course not. Just at some point, you feel other people's shoes on their feet, they are the size and reversed right-left.

It is fair to say that I was not looking for adventures. I think I even got up from the computer. And it seems, did not close Photoshop - so it remained.

Now, when my work is constantly connected with the selection of photos, time for "live" material, virtually none. And if you want to escape, I try not to get involved in the computer environment. The last few months of experimenting with oil, but it turned out that it requires some Herculean efforts: to plant palette all you need to constantly wipe the brush, adding a diluent, not smeared in paint - in general, a serious lesson.

Cafe Elefant i>

Insomnia i>

Luna de Monte Carlo i>

Catching sardine i>

Tales of the night i>

When doing their work all the time, to stop thinking about his face. In the sense that it is impossible to argue endlessly about curves teeth, if you love to sing. Likewise, I never thought about the chips, the handwriting and style of their own - simply because blissed out from the process and would do nicely. Sometimes you draw something of their own, and if it turns out badly, begin to emulate. You can try to do both at Bruegel, but it turns out much worse. You draw a Beardsley - it is impossible. You take the Fly - there is hope that will be different. This is "different" in the end becomes a hook, hook for the next step. Then I take watercolor paper, brushes and wider pozhesche and begin sports. Then I scan all that happened, and combine photos with blots. I do the drawing or even draw something separate from the photos.

Now, however, a huge number of children who work on the same principle. In my opinion, they have nothing to say. I do not like that they go out, and I myself am starting to doubt how this technique is justified.

Troubled Slummer i>

Whaits, Davis, Cocker i>

Woodstock 1969 i>

And here, when doubts begin, you need to understand the concepts. Put yourself in the right corner and look out at all, knowing that weak hand holding more than bargaining chips. Firstly - who is an artist and illustrator who? What is called the graph and what spigot in the band set? Who wants to hear you, and who you are standing on the leg? It is cold, unpleasant questions. Artist - it is certainly the creator of defining the rules. He has his own path and the courage to be different from the beginning to the end. I - not an artist. No Vector graphics can not be called if a magazine or a book after reading the want to throw in the trash. I deliberately draw long and hard, it was a pity to throw. Still very much afraid when they are browsing, but the hands are ready to vomit. And maybe the most important - you always regret and love that you draw and the other is completely uninteresting. So if you say "cool" - I think the program is made maximum. A man who is ready to formulate their experience is difficult to have to kiss, to feed and to present a picture on the memory.

Undecided i>

Shakespeare Sonnet 90 i>

Stay i>

Toujours l'amore i>

I once thought that a large number of people remain in office not because their work involves a team, but because they used to be a part of something. Groups of kindergarten, grade, group, institution, etc. Head - a teacher, a teacher, father and mother, a collective image. When I feel that you can live without the boss and the team - it was a real epiphany.

At the same time I had to realize that inspiration in the work can not be. In general, you need to forget about that word. Every day I'm getting ready for a long conversation with himself. It looks something like this: Well, as it's all put together? Take a black figure outweighs Then follow the contours of the left back then, all you need to rearrange and change the green to violet You for all 40 minutes. The purpose of this conversation is the same: to make something whole, dense, bring illustration to the point where out of it as you can not get from an apple bone without damaging the fruit.

To the story of Tatyana Tolstaya "On low heat» i> (for snobs) i>

To the story of Lyudmila Petrushevskaya "Declaration of Love" (for snobs) i>

Generally interesting to see how your body understands the creative process. I never was a plan of action, not thinking about the daily routine. But recently I said that after reading the text that you want to illustrate just go deal with some extraneous matter. That is, when the head is crammed information, you can safely ride a bike, or cook dinner. There is softened inside text, mixed, shaken and, after an hour and a half, you can get a good cocktail.

And once it was. I love video Simply Red «Sunrise», everything is erotic from: a beautiful villa, sunbathe guys, girls languish. And especially I liked the frame with thin dancer, which bends under the scorching sun, and under her feet moving dense shade. I wondered as to grasp where the show. Seven years did not know where and how, and then drew a picture «Shaking Blues».

With this bad stuff happens - I sit down at the table and understand that the information is stone, paint nothing. Here again, you need to talk himself, to push apart, inspire: come on, come on, work, do something, Dummy! In general, such a working environment similar to some amusing nonsense.

Shaking Blues i>

To the story of Andrei Gelasimov "Asian and Pauline" (for snobs) i>

It's story Alyona Doletskaya "Corporate seam" (for snobs) i>

The hardest part of the work - this is against the backdrop of new orders scheduled. They is not getting smaller, and to constantly draw. At the same time, the quality of such work should not be getting worse. When this rhythm appeals to you the new person you are trying to ask him a few clarifying questions, but they are just eating away all the work. You ask about the colors, the style, the character of the work - a fairy-tale or romantic, male or female, asked to see examples. Man shows scoring the final nail, "I want both in the May issue of Snob!»

And then not explain that in May Snob once all matched what you thought then and what inspires you? I would like to confess that from you nothing depended. You just got under the hand, was lucky. In other words, everything depends on the fear of losing the ability to draw anything. I understand that tomorrow everything can change, and no one with nothing to be done.

to the English folk tale "Black Bull of Norroueya» i>

Shmutstituly James Joyce's novel "Ulysses» i>

Alexander Ilichevsky "Mathematics". Chapters from the novel (for snobs) i>

Now many in a state of mild drawn silly and self-admiration. And if life itself goes on, the same as everyone, it can be done any way you like bright and impressive. And then it turns out that more people busy wrapping paper: wear glasses, although excellent vision, turning pink listening to pop-rock, although once loved Genesis, drinking Long Island, although always preferred yogurt with sugar. This person is fully engaged. If he is an illustrator, make sure you draw something pretty expected, really bad, if you just fashionable. Now I'm waiting for the deer run on a background of Victorian wallpaper and luketmishnye girls catatonic stupor. They are not getting smaller, and that universal conspiracy seems to me that the search for new themes is not heated. Diligence, hard work, and thorough approach samoedstvo - all about unfashionable farts who need to move or draw cheaply and quickly. Although I think that even if you need style illustrations of the magazine "Youth" for 1989 - it will also be in fashion, but not sensible approach. The most offensive, that is, people who can change this situation.

How to finish that thought? Perhaps that's so. Every night I had a dream: a large room at the table sitting 10 art directors. I approach everyone look in the ear, find the section "Illustrators", but I see it only numbers, numbers. It formats plugs for cavities in the text.

The dream, of course, ugly. Especially because I know the art directors who belong to illustrate with respect. They know and love to this schedule, always building a text and image as a balanced mechanism.

to a passage from the novel by Yuri Arabov "Orleans" (for snobs) i>

To the story of Victoria Tokareva "I hope ..." (for snobs) i>

When I wanted to make a drawing of the profession, I was introduced to a wonderful designer. His name is Andrei Bondarenko. He then looked shaky portfolio, charming stammered speculate about Welbeck and Gary and agreed with several studios to seeing me there. The studios also looked at the portfolio and say - we'll call you. Then I prepared a fifteen beautiful envelope with printouts of work and sent them to the editorial board of leading journals. None of them answered. In short, it was a moment when everything was hanging over the choice - or you paint on, or returning to the printing industry. Those who are only now beginning, I will say this: it is clear that no one likes you, and you are not wanted - we are practicing illustrators, and so close to each other, because we are all glad to draw deer.

But it makes no sense to turn back. Take a loan of 20 000 rubles for the food, close the Internet and paint a month every day, all you want. Then look at what happened and ask yourself "kayfovo?" If not kayfovo, no "but" can not be - it is necessary to sit on.

Also read the interview with Phil Dunskiy essay, Andrey Gordeev, Denis Zilber and Max Kostenko.

via / interview / brosit-vse-i-nachat-risovat-175505 /

Tags

See also

New and interesting