9 excerpts from children's diaries written during the war years

the 70th anniversary of the Great Victory "AIF" has released a unique "Children's Book of the war", in which for the first time in all these years collected 35 diaries written by children in 1941-1945. Half of them published for the first time. This is the history of the little victims of a great tragedy - from the rear, from the occupied territories of the ghettos and concentration camps, and of the siege of Leningrad by Nazi Germany. Thirty-five children's voices, each of which openly talked about his war.

"Children's Book of War" can be read online - it is in the public domain. Today Website publish some excerpts from it. We are confident that these books need to know.

... Escape to these monstrous embrace the deadly hunger to escape to from the perpetual fear for their lives, start to a new peaceful life somewhere in a small village surrounded by nature, forget endured suffering ... Here it is, my dream today. ... impasse, I can not go on like this continue to live. Hunger. The terrible famine. Near Mom with Ira. I can not take away from them their daily bread. I can not, for I know that now even the bread crumbs ... Today, the back of the bakery, I took it, took the appendage of bread from my mother and Ira grams of 25 and also secluded ate ... I slid into the abyss called immorality, a complete lack of conscience ... This longing ashamed, sorry sight at Il ... There! Meal!

... second cat we have eaten without any aversion, satisfied that eat nutritious. Then came especially hungry days. The stores do not have at home, too, almost nothing. Cats apparently ate far we are not alone. Now on the street will not find any, even the most ugly and skinny ...

The guard has selected eight (including me) and said that we will be a funeral team. Until now, there was a big mess, died a few days lying in the barracks. Now we have to strip the dead immediately, pull out gold teeth, take out four and put the door of the barracks ...

In what can only become a man. I myself think that I am now only the "Russian pig" No. 25795. On my chest OST, working on his cap number and your own number in his pocket, though forced to wear around the neck. All iznumerovan ...

23th was convened by the Gestapo all Jewish intellectuals, all of them were detained there. Now part of the released part of the shot ... For the last day shot about five thousand men. Today ( to be shot em>) carried F. Can not aware of their feelings. It is very difficult, embarrassing. For people who are looking at it with indifference or malice. F. worse than you? She was a good girl and brave. She rode standing, with head held high ... I'm sure she is not dying, and lowered his head. F. know, I remember you and will not forget and someday revenge!

... I thought that in the fire, tears, endless grief and cold never had a desire to write a diary again. And this happened today that made me write ... Dad, as usual in the morning, was prepared to go to make a fire to cook semolina ... opened the lid of the trench and shouted to a neighbor: "Alex, get out you alive ..." - and this unsaid word and cut short his life. A shot rang out, but rather some kind of click - and the Pope began to slowly settle on the steps of the trench ...

«Long live the sun, so the darkness will disappear." Long live my homeland, long live freedom, no more Germans. Dear heroes of Pushkin's free.

via children1941-1945.aif.ru/

Tags

See also

New and interesting