Happy birthday, Sergei Dovlatov!

September 3, 1941 Sergei Dovlatov was born - one of the most popular and widely read Russian writers of the late XX - early XXI century. Surprisingly positive and at the same time piercingly sad prose of Dovlatov has long been a classic and, like almost every classic, "rastaskana on proverbs and sayings." During the twelve years of his life in exile, he published a total of twelve books that came out in the US and Europe.

Art thought Sergei Donatovich simple and noble: to tell you how strange people live - the sad laughing something funny sad. In his books there is righteous, because I do not have them and villains. The writer knows and heaven and hell - within ourselves.

Website gathered for vasluchshie statements and reflections on the life of Sergei Dovlatov, the person and love.

- A good human relationships with women always difficult to fold. And I'm a good man. I declare without a trace of embarrassment, because there is nothing to be proud of. From a good man are waiting for appropriate behavior. To him high demands. He drags himself to the painful daily load of nobility, intelligence, diligence, conscience, humor. And then throw it for the sake of a notorious bastard. And this bastard talk, laughing about the tiresome virtues of a good man.

Women love only scoundrels, everyone knows that. But being a bastard is not given to everyone. I had a friend currency dealers Shark. He beats his wife handle shovels. He gave her shampoo his beloved. He killed the cat. One time in my life has prepared her a cheese sandwich. His wife all night crying with emotion and tenderness. Canned nine years sent to Mordovia. Waited ...
A good man, who needs it, I ask? ..

We endlessly criticize Comrade Stalin, and, of course, for the cause. Still, I want to ask - who has written four million denunciations? A man used to ask ourselves: Who am I? There's a scientist, an American driver, a Jew, an immigrant ... But we must be all the time ask ourselves: do not shit I? Most people think intractable the problems the solution of which little suits them. Introduction delayed. We have to go to bed or leave. You say - then, it was not love. Love was. Love has moved forward, and you left behind. When a man throws a while called the favorite, is sick. All my life I blew through a telescope and was surprised that there is no music. And then she is looking carefully at the trombone and wondered what damn not visible. The only honest road - a path error, frustration and hope. What do other, but the lack of solitude. Money, for example, I have quickly come to an end, the loneliness - never ... It's crazy - to live with a man who does not go away just because lazy ...

I was walking and thinking - a world engulfed in madness. Madness is becoming the norm. Norma is a sense of wonder. Do you know that the most important thing in life? The key is that one life. A minute passed, and the end. The other will not ... The hopeless goal, the deeper emotions. Love - it is for young people. For military personnel and athletes ... And everything is much more complicated. There is not love and fate. «The main thing in the book and a woman - not the form but the content ..." Even now, after countless disappointments of life, this setting seems boring. And I still only like beautiful women. For a year between us there was something kind of intellectual intimacy. With a touch of hatred and depravity. Now I live tolerably well, I do not do a damn thing, read, and thick. But sometimes it is so bad in my soul that I want to fill a muzzle himself.

I think there is no love at all sizes. There are only - yes or no. Man to man - anything ... Depending on the combination of circumstances. I prefer to be alone, but next to someone ... < / OK to go visit when called. Terrible go to visit when it is not called. However, the best - this is where the name, and you do not go. I am not going to change the linoleum. I changed my mind, because the world is doomed. «Life is beautiful and amazing! "- As Comrade Mayakovsky exclaimed eve of suicide. I have long ceased to divide people into positive and negative. A literary heroes - even more so. Also, I'm not sure that in the life of crime will inevitably be repentance, but for the feat - bliss. We have what we feel ourselves.

"Envious believe that women are attracted to rich men of their money. Or that you can buy for the money. Previously, I thought so, but then realized that it was a lie. No money attracts women. No cars and jewelry. No restaurants and expensive clothes. Not power, wealth and elegance. And that has made man the powerful, rich and elegant. Force, which are endowed with one and totally devoid of others ».

"The stimulus is absent, - said Tanya - a good man to love ... not interested in striking the era we live in. "Good man" for us sounds like an insult. "But he is a good man" - talking about the bride who looks clear nothingness ... »

"Before the New Year even six hours - noted political officer - and you're drunk as a pig.
- Life, Comrade Lieutenant, ahead of a dream - said Fidel ».

via # image8185210

Tags

See also

New and interesting