As cats communicate with us via meow, blinking and mustache

Cats talkative than kazhutsyaEksperty claim that they finally managed to solve the mystery of facing every cat owner: what she wants in fact.

They argue that the decoded value meow, blinking and movement of the tail. For example, if the cat's tail pointing straight up, this is equivalent to the human handshake and slow blinking - this is equivalent to winking between friends.

Cats very independent, so they are very easy to misunderstand, said Dr. Gary Weitzman, author of "How to talk to the cat." He tries to help people see that they are trying to convey a cat.

Gary says that there are 16 species of meow, and cats emit these sounds only when people are around. It's meow could be their way of saying "feed me", "pat" or "let me out", and it is almost never used in communication between cats.

This is because cats know that if they pomyauchat, you can get from the people something good, says Dr. Bonnie Beaver, executive director of the American College of Veterinarian behaviorists. In 2003, she wrote a textbook "feline behavior».

Meaning scratches and hiss is quite clear, however, cats can talk and more subtle ways, through their eyes and tails. The cat's tail lifts, to show that happy to see you.

55-year-old Susan McMinn from North Carolina decided to take the recommendations from the book Beaver to communicate with her Siamese cat Jade.

"I sat and slowly blinked his cat, and she blinked in response. Of course, I know that she loves me, but now I feel like I understand it a little more, "- said McMinn.

Jade McMinn lives with for 10 years, and in total she was six cats. But now it is clear that still have a lot to learn. "I still consider myself an expert!" - She marvels.

Even the movement of the ears and whiskers show something that is worth paying attention to. According to Weizmann, when cat ears are firmly pressed, do not approach it, because she is afraid of something or prepared to fight.

Cat happy, relaxed and incredibly friendly when her mustaches naturally stick to the sides. Twice as thick as a human hair, and embedded into the body three times deeper, these whiskers help cats to navigate, hunt and show that cats feel.

More importantly learn how to communicate with cats for those who get a pet, based solely on its breed or color. In "Refuge of happy cats" in Medford, New York, a potential owner can ask for "a white cat with a fluffy fur," says Melissa Cox, director of development and communications.

Such people, she said that a glance at the cat is not enough, and to check the compatibility of the cat and the owner of the future, he will have to spend some time with her.

via www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3040200/Cats-chat-meows-blinks-roving-whiskers.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting