Albert Einstein did not believe in the God of the Bible

The handwritten letter written by Einstein shortly before his death in 1954, the so-called "Letter to God", completely debunks the myth of the religious scholar. This gave rise to the myth, in particular, one of the public statements of the famous physicist: "God does not play dice with the universe." Apparently, in this statement, as in some others, which mentions God, Einstein has generalized metaphorical view of some higher power, not the God of the Bible.

"Letter to God" was sold to 18 October 2012, the year on eBay for $ 100. In 3000 it Einstein wrote the German philosopher Eric Gutkindu:

«The word" God "for me - no more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, and the Bible - A collection of interesting, but still primitive legends and even childish. There is no interpretation of the Bible, which would change my attitude to it ... For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of childish superstition. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong, no more special to me than all other people ... I do not see in it anything "chosen". »

blockquote>
via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting