California City besieged by hundreds of wild peacocks

Opinions of residents razdelilis

Residents of Rolling Hills Estates, a small town on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in southwestern Los Angeles, share their home with hundreds of beautiful wild peacocks for nearly 100 years. On the one hand, peacocks attract new buyers of homes, and on the other - many residents believe the neighborhood with peacocks terrible nuisance, since their population is growing uncontrollably.

Who lives on the peninsula over a thousand peacocks, and unfortunately, not all of these local content. "I do not know whether their greater now than before, but a lot of them - says AJ. Poulin. - We all scratched the car, and then you can not park your car under a tree, otherwise it will be white from the droppings ».

People who oppose the peacocks, there are several weighty arguments: the birds are very noisy, scratch and damage the machine, their droppings everywhere, and they jump on the roof tiles and spoil.

Unfortunately for the peacocks, the situation began to get violent, because the people can no longer tolerate the noise and aggressive behavior of birds. Over the past two years, about 50 peacocks were killed with arrows, bullets, shot, poison and not only. Naturally, this infuriated the fans of peacocks.

Now there is a simple solution to the problem with peacocks, but many people would be unhappy if the birds died. "I would be very upset - says a local resident Eunice. - I grew up on the peninsula. I think I would feel like the owner of the ranch, when he robbed his ranch ».

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting