How to stop hung up and find peace of mind

Aside from the problem although difficult, but still vozmozhno

Sometimes we just loop. On various aspects of life. Our solutions, regret, self-esteem, worries about the future - we so often get stuck in your own head that sometimes feel: there is no escape. We describe how to stop wise and start to move forward.

Why do we fixate? When we talk about too long thinking about something, we are talking about a few things
You analyze what happened, sorry about what did or did not do, worry about the consequences, and so on. D.

On the other hand, the same way you can not think about the actions and decisions. You analyze your decisions to exhaustion, and one can walk to the fact that in general will not be able to make any decisions.

In any case, we wisely when hung up on something, and we can not think about anything else. This deprives the strength, mood, energy, the will to business. And the ultimate goal is: to somehow get out of this "cycle thinking" and move on.

1. Proceed seychasEsli you're stuck on something - the best thing you can do is to act
Suppose you are planning to move to another city. You can not do it immediately, so sit, over and over again in my head scrolling moving parts.

And here it is important to start doing anything. For example, make a list of where you want to go after the move. Check prices for housing in the city, find out what there is work, and so on. Create a financial plan and designate targets. Make a schedule.

It does not matter what you do, you just have to move away from the idea, on which stuck. Create all these plans and further comparisons can help you make the final decision.

In fact, the move - a simplified example, but it works well in all situations of your future. In any similar situation, you can take a plan of action - and feel better. Bob Miglani, one of the authors Huffington Post, summed up this idea because:

"The only thing that helps rid the mind of obsession - the transformation of his disturbing thoughts about the future in some effort and work. Act, do something, and these actions will be able to create a miracle.

Every time I start to worry about the future, I just get up, go to your computer and start to write something or to work on his book. And if suddenly it happened during the day, in the office, then I start to jot down ideas about how to make their work more productive, or start working on something really interesting.

No matter what kind of case you choose - it should not be the easiest to focus on solving the problem given your brain enough momentum to break the vicious circle of fixation ».

blockquote> From this it follows that to do business - the main cure for cycling. We tend to split hairs, because we are afraid of failure, but How to start business only, fears and doubts scatter themselves
2. Set the focus on something eschёInogda you for some reason can not take action, then the only measure to get rid of the "loop" is to divert the mind. Find a hobby or some other activity that will fully occupy your mind. This will briefly forget about your "conceptual cycle", and eventually it will disappear.

Some people in such moments, just go for a walk. Writer Haruki Murakami in one of his books describe it as a feeling of "emptiness", and as a cure for it, he uses the running:

"I just ran. I ran into the void. Or maybe I should imagine it another way: I run to gain nothing. But as you might expect, this void sometimes flicker of thought. The human mind can not be completely empty. Human emotions are not strong enough and consistent to withstand vacuum. I mean that all kinds of thoughts and ideas, invading my emotions at that moment, when I run, remain dependent on the void. It's just random thoughts without content, gathered around a void in the center ».

blockquote> Of course, exercise - not the only way to escape. For some, a great way to calm the brain is overloaded with meditation. To help cope with anxiety and can be quite ordinary things, such as listening to music or any other activity that can distract the mind from disturbing thoughts.

3. Stop talking about etomBolshinstvo of us, faced with a difficult decision and Fixated on it, ask advice from others, which is quite natural. But in practice, this often means that the we are talking about the problem with so many people, that in the end just can not get stuck. As mentioned earlier, too many "cooks in the kitchen" only leads deterioration decision process. Psychology today can explain what happens in our brain:

«The human mind hates uncertainty. The uncertainty involves the volatility and risk of an accident. When we notice the absence of information, the brain picks up the metaphorical red flag and says, "Pay attention! This can be important ... "When data is not available, we tend to overestimate their importance. Our intelligence suggests that if we spend resources to find this information, it will solve the problem ».

blockquote> We all want to get useful information from others, but at some point the information cease to be useful. When we have a limited amount of information, we can look at it more productively. Psychologists call this «a strategy to take the best»

«Strategy" take the best "means that you argue as much as you need. Then you stop and do something else. For example, if there are ten pieces of information necessary for you to make an informed decision, but one of these parts is clearly more important than others, then this part will be quite enough to make a choice. Excess parts complicates everything and results in a waste of time ».

blockquote>

4. Find out why you stuck Sometimes we get hung up on something just because we can. We find ourselves trapped in a cycle in which we repeatedly vossozdaёm any event or trying to analyze some idea all possible points of view. After many hours of thought and sleepless nights we eventually come to a standstill.

Psychologists say that although our brains and programmed to a "loop", something to do with it still can.

Here is their definition of the problem:

«Anxiety Is it because of social interactions because of our self, our future, our families, or because of something else, a cycle that it is always exhausting and rarely leads to useful results. More often than not we just spend time thinking intensely about the events of their actions, the actions of other people or their thoughts. We repeatedly try to predict all potential future results, even though most of these scenarios will never come true.

The biggest problem here, which we constantly remind people - you are not your brain. We often take fleeting thoughts, motivations, desires and emotional impulses generated by our brain, at face value, and from the beginning we assume that they must necessarily be true ».

blockquote> To summarize: here is the plan of the four steps in disentangling of obsession:

Decide with the fact that it is "looping" (self-doubt, anxiety, and so on. d.); Review their experience and identify thinking errors; Switch attention to the part that is most important; Spend revaluation Messages of your brain, taking into account new information. often our brain has no idea about what he was doing. Slightly aloof, you You will be able to find out exactly what the idea is "looping" close the loop and will be able to move on.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting