The most candid thoughts of people who just turned 30!

For many people, 30 years of age is an important milestone. For some, it means the end of youth, while others see it as the beginning of adulthood. Paris photographer Stephane Dominguez (Stephane Domingues), which itself was the 30-year-old in December 2013, says that at this age, he gained confidence and became more assertive, and at the same time decided to find out what other people his age are thinking about that. Driven by curiosity, Stefan packed his bags and set off on a journey around the world to document the faces and words of their peers, for a project called "Being 30 years».

"I feel both old and young. On the one hand, life has taught me a lot, I have been through a lot. But on the other hand, I like to do silly things and make spontaneous actions. " (Diane, a dietitian. Sydney, Australia)

"They say that 30 comes the certainty of who you are. And I feel now that it's the absolute truth. " (Maceo, entrepreneur. Los Angeles, USA)

"I definitely feel young because I'm less than half of the way. I am now 30 years old, about 20 of them, I lived consciously. I left there are still more than 30 years, and that's fine. " (Alvaro, architect. Santiago, Chile)

"I always forget about his age! But I think that 30 we gain experience and become more mature. The way I think now is significantly different from the thoughts in my 20 years. " (Gaston, furniture retailer. Ushuaia, Argentina)

"The advent of the 30th anniversary did not change anything at all. Creating a family and having children - here are the steps that are really changing lives. Then age ceases to be relevant. " (Christian driver. Villa O'Higgins, Chile)

After 30 changed only one thing: now I try not to answer questions about my age. " (Magdalena, works in tourist business. Port Trunk, Chile)

"I used to think that 30 years - it is an important advance and stunning stage in life. But in reality, I do not feel. When people ask me how old I am, I have to be considered. Age - it's a matter of attitude to life. " (Christian psychologist. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

"Changes? Now, after a night of partying I need two or three days to recover - it is something new and different. As for the changes in mind, I began to think about the future more than ever. " (Leandro, retoucher. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

"I imagined that 30 I will live in your own home in the United States with her husband and children and work in the field of medicine. Today my life is arranged quite differently. But I'm happy to be the one who I am. " (Paola, manager at the hostel. Lima, Peru)

"Now I am more independent than in the life that drew himself a decade ago. I traveled a lot and learned a lot, I can not live alone, without any help, and I passionately favorite thing besides the money brings. Every day marvel at his ability "(Ines, a music teacher. Salta, Argentina)

"I want so much to have time for a short time to travel, get married, have children, to write a book ... To be happy, I need to dream!" (Janice, a marketing consultant. Sao Paulo, Brazil)

"Amazingly, I feel old ... or just older people around me. When, for example, the concert was still full of energy, I'm already mentally dream of a bed. " (Warren, entrepreneur, plumber and the smith. Cape Town, South Africa)

"I am old, because 30 years - that's a lot. I have three children, the eldest of them 11. And it virtually means that the arrival of the next generation. It seems my life is built, and it is unlikely in the future it will change significantly. " (Beatrice entrepreneur. Likoma Island, Malawi)

"My best memory - it is" now "! Why is that? Because it's my job, and with it the income is better than ever before. " (Farooq, a fisherman. Mozambique)

"I do not feel old, but rather the more experienced, and this feeling great!" (Kevin, a software developer. Cape Town, South Africa)

"The main thing that has changed after 30, that's what I ask myself many questions as ever. And, it seems, now I know better. " (Monica baker. Cape Town, South Africa)

"I used to rely only on themselves and was responsible only for himself. Now I am responsible for my family, listening to the advice of friends, I think more about the consequences. I'm not alone anymore. " (Julius, a builder. Manchu, Malawi)

"I hope that in ten years the world will be like a small village, thanks to technology and information, people will be aware of everything that happens in all parts of the world. I believe that there will come in the unity of religions, which will prevent many wars and deaths. " (Andualem, caretaker and fisherman. Bahir Dar, Ethiopia)

"Even though I have achieved the goals we set to ourselves at this point, it is not easy to live anyway. If before, having a lot of money, we can afford a lot, but now because of inflation and we have a large capital can not afford almost anything. " (Mmadi, caretaker and fisherman. Zanzibar)

"Even though I had quite a hard life, I would not change anything in it. The main thing is that we have a foundation: the house and the water. " (Cyndane housewife. Maasai village, Tanzania)

"I think that in the future I will live in the same village with my two wives and children. I would just like to have more cattle and weapons. It is necessary to ward off wild animals from our animals. " (Bori, breeder cattle farmer. Omo River Valley, Ethiopia)

"I have become wiser than before, and mature as never before. Now I can look back and see how behaved the last ten years. I'm not prone to hurry, now I ponder every step before you start something. " (Berhanu, a businessman. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)

"I am proud of my scientific work. I discovered the drug against the virus (form of autism), which damages the brain due to a mutation of genes. I think this is a major achievement in my life, because I really enjoy helping people. " (Matt scientist. New York, USA)

"I lived without thinking about anything. Just have fun, without having any particular ambitions. Now life is getting worse, I'm looking for what really matters: I want to pass the exams to get a good job, start a family and buy his own house. " (Byuket student. Lalibela, Ethiopia)

"I always forget about his age, he has nothing to me then. The girls, with whom I grew up, got children, their life is full of stress and they look older than I am. I feel younger, because I is not limited. The more I age, the more I become free. " (Stephanie, actress, writer, model. New York, USA)

"If I could erase some elements of the old life, it would be my conduct passive observer. It is this, as well as various fears prevented me to act and achieve goals. " (Anna, the consultant. Paris, France)

"I want to devote ten years of travel. For example, look at the Mayan ruins. I want to save up a lot of memories, then to tell funny stories about my adventures. " (Zoltan, project manager. Budapest, Hungary)

Tags

See also

New and interesting