A man with a 30-second memory. Only the love he always remembers ...

The meaning of life Clive Wearing has always constituted a passion for music and his favorite wife, Deborah, who was his muse and inspired the musician to new creations. Wearing was a brilliant musicologist, conductor, tenor and pianist. His life was to continue its course, if it were not the case, which has sharply turned his fate upside down.

Once Clive came home and could not sleep from a severe headache. He took medication, but the pain did not go away. Later, there were new symptoms: fever and began memory lapses. A few days later we put Wearing a terrifying diagnosis - herpes encephalitis. A terrible disease struck his nervous system, causing his brain was unable to remember anything for more than 30 seconds. Clive does not remember most of the events of its past and instantly forgets everything that happens to him in the present tense. He hardly even remember the names of their children. This is one of the most severe cases of amnesia in the world.

Since then, the life of a musician turned into hell. Clive watched the past and the reality eludes him. To capture at least some moments of his life, he began to keep a diary. Records Clive Wearing was very strange and brief: «I woke up," "I am conscious," "14:10 - I am now quite active," "14:35 - I fully active». I> It's like It seemed hopeless and desperately tried to convince myself that is still alive. His beloved wife, Deborah says about this period of his life as "an endless torment." Clive at the time was in the hospital, and, according to his wife, felt the excitement only when she visited him. Deborah hours every day sitting beside her husband, but as soon as she left, Clive again fell into despair.

Striking is the fact that Clive Wearing has never forgotten his wife. He is married to Deborah for the year to come upon his misfortune. And all these years, after he was struck by the disease every day he met her for the first time, again falls in love with her at first sight, and again admired her beauty. After 30 seconds when Deborah leaves, he forgets this woman, then to re-fall in love with her literally no memory.

Despite all procedural memory Clive was not broken, so he managed to keep their skills and still plays the piano, although he can not afford to remember the sequence of notes in a musical composition.

Without his precious wife Clive would have long since surrendered, but Deborah - is his support and anchor in this life, which helps to stay afloat. She wrote a touching book dedicated to the life and struggle of her husband with a terrible illness «Forever Today» («Always today»).

Now Clive does not know. The BBC made a documentary about the fate of a talented musician. Here is an excerpt from this work.

Clive and his wife were able to look at the terrible disease with on the other hand. Now, every moment, every day, every meeting with the wife of Clive Wearing - is a blessing. Share this amazing story about a talented musician, lost his memory, with the other.

via ofigenno cc

Tags

See also

New and interesting