Due to the old woman a normal working day a taxi driver turned into the most important event of his life.

This story takes place in New York City with an ordinary employee of the taxi service in one of his working days.

Arriving at the address, the driver pressed the horn. Making sure that no one showed up, he signaled again, and then - again. The taxi driver get into a fuss and was about to give up on everything by hand and leave, but decided nevertheless to go to the front door and knocked. Knocking, he heard a voice, which certainly belonged to an elderly man.

«Another minute," - I asked someone. I heard on the floor as if something pulled. It was not long before the door opened. In front of me there was an old lady age 90. She was wearing flowered dress and hat with veil. It felt like it came from the movie '40s. The old lady holding a hand bag, and next to it stood a suitcase on the floor. Through the open door I could see the apartment. All the furniture was covered, nothing on the walls hung in the corner was a box, from which peeped old photos. The apartment looked as if it no one lives. I>

«Young man, if you do not help to bring my suitcase?" - asked an elderly woman. I put him in the trunk, and then the old woman carried to the car. She thanked me for the help. "Not worth it" - I said. I>

When one took his place in the car, the lady told me the address, asking at the same time to go through the city center. On my word that it essentially extends the way she said she does not mind. We drove through the city, and the old woman showed me a hotel, where he once worked, the house where she lived with her late husband, as well as the furniture store, which used to be a dance studio, which she once attended. Past some places the old lady asked to pass particularly slow, thus she did not say anything and just looked out the window thoughtfully. So fare we have a lot of time, until the woman said she was tired and wanted to go to our destination. I>

address was a small hospice, which once came from a few nurses and walked toward the car. "Hospice?" - I was surprised, thinking to myself that this is the place where usually come to die. Seeing my confusion, the old woman said: "I have no relatives, and the doctor said I had a short time left» i>.

Lady seated in a wheelchair, I took the suitcase from the trunk. "How much do I owe you for the ride?" - Asked the woman. "Not at all," - I replied. "Well, you also need something to live," - she insisted on what I said, that I have and the other passengers. Without thinking, I hugged the old woman. She smiled and said: "You gave an old woman a little joy in her last days. Thank you! "For me, I closed the door of the hospice. The sound was like ending life. I>

I had to continue to work, but wanted to be alone. I drove through the streets, thinking about what had happened: "What would happen if the woman got angry, dissatisfied with the driver? And if I had yielded to impulse and left without waiting for it? "When I think about this case, I understand that nothing is more important in my life I did not do. I>

In today's world, few people pay attention to the little things that often are the most important, and have a huge impact on other people. Said a lot about a person can always be based on small business. You should try to be considerate and kind to the people who surround us.

Share the story about a good man with your friends!

likemag.com/de/er-dachte-sie-waere-ein-gewoehnlicher-fahrgast-doch-dann-veraenderte-sich-die-situation-schlagartig

Tags

See also

New and interesting