Oculus VR made a film

Sundance Film Festival is traditionally show unusual experiments from independent filmmakers who do not fit the patterns of Hollywood.

This year, the audience was surprised by the company Oculus VR (subdivision Facebook). As you know, it produces a virtual reality glasses Oculus Rift, but now decided to try a new field, and представила short film Lost i> .

Concept art of the robot from the movie Lost sup>

The film is unusual in itself. Theoretically, its duration is only 5 minutes, but the audience has the opportunity to explore the world around and explore different parts of the virtual reality. In this reality interactively responding: for example, you scared swarm of fireflies - and they now fly around you. As a result, it creates a stunning effect of the presence, even steeper than in the project "Yandeks.Teleport" that told bobuk after corporate parties.

The film is shot subdivision Story Studio, its task is to create original content and virtual reality support Hollywood studios in developing new technology. For studio work during the past year hired a group of professionals from Pixar and Industrial Light & Magic.

// player.vimeo.com/video/117849907 video>

Oculus VR is not going to let Lost i> in the rental and studios keen to sell technology to produce such films and to assist them in the process of their creation.

What is characteristic, Story Studio - is not the only company that works in this direction. At the festival, his work in the field of virtual reality showed more than a dozen other independent studios. Back in October last year, there was a film Zero Point i> - the first ever short film with a 360-degree view. In November came the film Live and Let Die i>.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/244898/

Tags

See also

New and interesting