The secret to learning a foreign language for adults

David Bailey, CEO Spotnight, told , as he was able to learn the French language in just 17 days . Under the cut - some proven and recommended them Life hacking.

As an adult, I learned several foreign languages. Conversational French I learned in just 17 days, using these techniques. It should be noted that before this I was fluent in Spanish, so it was not my first foreign language.

In summer 2005 I stayed with my French girlfriend in a small village of the Beaujolais region. In this village, no living soul can not speak English, and when my girlfriend found out about my desire to learn French, she forbade me to use another language.

Every day I performed the same exercises.

In the morning I got up and wrote by hand regular and irregular verbs and a half to two hours. Since two weeks I scribbled a note pad. I still believe that to write something by hand - this is the best way to remember it.

While I was writing, I was listening to a teaching MP3 Michel Thomas. On these recordings you listen as the teacher teaches French other English-speaking people. It is very useful to hear the mistakes of others - they can learn, as in a regular classroom at school. For two weeks I listened to basic, advanced and grammar course twice.

During the day I was running for 45-60 minutes, listening to French music. This is the best way to learn the language and tone facial muscles to practice singing along.

At lunch, I spent time with his girlfriend and her friends. They have ceased to repeat phrases slowly, so I just had to learn to understand them. Or starve to death.

In the evening, I was playing a game of darts or Bowles and read in French "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." Reading children's books - Great Life hacking, which allows to learn a foreign language. Firstly, the language is simple, because the book is written for children, and secondly, knowledge of the plot will allow himself to think out some words. Surprise for me was the fact that children's books in other languages ​​interesting.

At least an hour a day I spent on writing an essay about yourself that my friend checked for errors. When you meet other people, they ask the same thing: "Where are you from?", "What are you doing?", "How do you like France?" Remembering ready answers give you the opportunity to quickly learn how to engage in dialogue.

Another good technique - the study of word-fillers. It's about the words that have no meaning, but people say between sentences. Something like "really" and so on.

After 17 days in this village, I went to Paris. I met a girl at a coffee shop and spoke to her. A few minutes later, she asked how long I had in France. She was surprised to learn that only 17 days I have been in this country, and said that in my conversation she thought that I've been here for about a year.

I hope that these methods will help you.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/243707/

Tags

See also

New and interesting