53 years ago, the death penalty was sentenced Adolf Eichmann

History kidnapping of Eichmann, smuggled former SS officer from Argentina to Israel has long been a kind of legend and "card" Mossad. The trial of Adolf Eichmann has attracted a lot of attention to the Holocaust and Israeli obschetvennosti world. For explanation of the operation and content of the court to make a film and write a book.

In 1958, the Israeli intelligence service "Mossad" tracked down Eichmann in Argentina. Help in its detection has a German Jew Lothar Hermann, the victim of the Nazis during the war. Despite the fact that he was blind, Lothar, living in Argentina, was interested in the events associated with the search for former Nazis, and was aware that Eichmann fled and remains at large. So when he heard that his daughter met a young man named Nicholas Eichmann, who boasted the merits of his father before the Third Reich, Hermann compare this information with what he knew, I realized that we are talking about the son of Adolf Eichmann and reported their suspicions.
Operation to capture Eichmann personally headed director "Mossad" Isser Harel. The head of the Task Force was appointed Rafi Eitan. All participants in the operation were volunteers. Most of them are either themselves affected by the Nazis during the war, or had the bereaved relatives. They were strictly warned that Eichmann be delivered to Israel alive and unharmed. Full list of Eichmann's capture was kept secret in Israel before January 2007.
May 11, 1960 in the streets of Buenos Aires, Eichmann was captured by a group of Israeli agents. Personally detention Eichmann realized Peter Malkin, known later as "agent forty-seven" and "the man who caught Eichmann." May 20 anesthetist Yona Elian did Eichmann prick tranquilizer, after which he was taken to Israel as an ill crew member on the plane "El Al" who arrived in Buenos Aires to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the independence of Argentina.

In Jerusalem, Eichmann was handed over to police. At a meeting of the Knesset on May 22, Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion declared that "Adolf Eichmann was in Israel and will soon be put on trial." Investigating the activities of Eichmann engaged in a specially crafted Police Department - Establishment 006 of 8 officers who speak excellent German. Was initiated litigation, during which many witnesses who survived the Holocaust.
During the process, the government of German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer was planning to bribe the judges of Israel, trying to prevent the disclosure of the names of some senior officials of his administration collaborated with the Nazis.
After completion of the investigation Counsel Gideon Hausner government signed the indictment, which consisted of 15 items. Eichmann was accused of crimes against the Jewish people, crimes against humanity, membership in a criminal organization (SS and SD, Gestapo). Crimes against the Jewish people included all kinds of harassment, including arrest of millions of Jews, their concentration in certain places, sending the death camps, killings and confiscation of property. In the indictment, it was not only a crime against the Jewish people, but also of crimes against members of other nations: the expulsion of millions of Poles, arrested and sent to the death camps of tens of thousands of Roma, sending 100 children from the Czech village of Lidice in the Lodz Ghetto and destroying them retaliation for the killing of Reinhard Heydrich by Czech underground workers.
December 15, 1961 Eichmann read out the death sentence, finding him guilty of crimes against the Jewish people, against humanity and war criminal.

Israeli President Yitzhak Ben-Zvi rejected a petition for pomilovanii.Eyhman was hanged on the night from May 31 to June 1, 1962 in the city of Ramle prison; This is the second and final event of the death penalty in Israel by a court. Rejecting the hood, Eichmann told the audience that soon will meet with them again and die with faith in God.
The last word:
"Long live Germany! Long live Argentina! Hail to Austria! With these three countries are linked by my whole life, and I will never forget them. I welcome his wife, family and friends. I was obliged to comply with the rules of war and served his banner. I'm ready. »

The verdict brought in pursuance of a senior prison warder Shalom Nagar. After hanging Eichmann body was burned and the ashes scattered over the Mediterranean Sea outside the territorial waters of Israel.

Tags

See also

New and interesting