Tokyo - not like was

Tokyo was not at as I had imagined. I have long been convinced that a new country should go without any expectations and take everything "as is". But Tokyo is proved unrealistic. The life of me, it seems to me the picture of the future of the city from the movie "The Fifth Element" flying trains, crazy skyscrapers and all sorts of miracles.

44 photos.
via

In reality, it turned out, Tokyo - the usual Asian city. The myth of the city of the future emerged during the Tokyo Olympics in 1964: then it was true. Today, high-speed trains and multi-level flyovers have in many cities. In my opinion, the title of the city of the future today is more suited to Singapore or Hong Kong.

However, in Tokyo a lot of interesting and, no doubt, in Japan, I'll be back ...

We lived on the artificial island of Odaiba. I must say, the urban space on the island is very different from what it looks like a traditional Tokyo. While on the "mainland" maximum density of people and concrete, there are avenues and parks:

The center of Tokyo Monorail runs. Japanese very funny: to work and official meetings, they dress up as one man in the same costumes, and in his spare time, discharged in his own way:

Purchase tickets for the monorail The automated completely:

You can pay fines, or nalichkoj card:

Monorail is controlled automatically, the drivers head of no:

Noted that all rush to the first car and so enthusiastic about the "miracle-train", as if they do not Tokyoites - residents of the city of the future - and Kostroma and Rostov. It was then that I first and sneaking suspicion that something is wrong. It is strange to see such a surprise: 20 years ago I rode this train in London, and now unmanned trains go in many airports around the world:

In public transportation (subway or monorail) in the rush hour work special people who pushed the passengers in the cars. There are also separate carriages for men and women, so that passengers have not experienced gender discomfort during crush:

In the background - the card Tokyo Rainbow Bridge. It connects Tokyo and Odaiba. In addition to the road, and the monorail of highway on the bridge walkway is free. And just before the bridge, a closer look shows a copy of the Statue of Liberty. This sculpture appeared during the Year of France in Japan and is a favorite of Tokyoites that it was returned to the island after dismantling:

Rainbow Bridge was built over 5 years and opened in 1993. Its length is 570 meters:

Perhaps, here is how the majority of species Tokyo. Skyscrapers bit, mostly medium-sized buildings in the 20-30 floors:

All balconies uvesheny linen. For some reason, the Japanese do not like to use the dryer and so that's old-fashioned way:

In some houses in the middle of a very beautiful facade, the landlord can prohibit dry clothes on the balcony:

Stadium literally did sandwiched between houses:

Closer to the center of Tokyo:

Houses begin to grow up:

Ginza - Tokyo fashionable district with countless boutiques, cool stores, restaurants and cafes. Incidentally, the first store of Apple, opened outside the United States can be found here:

Exit the monorail:

Under the guise of photographing commemorative sculpture, of course, I was shooting the girls and their outfits. Later I was told that there is a law prohibiting shoot people without their knowledge. That is, you can shoot if you see (and understand that you shoot), and can not spy. However, foreigners in Japan and I love to just gently told that there are so not accepted. In any case, the girl saw me and did not mind:

Dude sat on the courts for a beer:

In search of the famous Shibuya intersection, down in the subway:

The fare on the Tokyo subway depends on the distance. In the diagram, a red arrow shows our location, and then - time to the desired station:

Inside the car. You can switch from one to another:

Shibuya - the most famous crossroads in Japan. This type of intersection is called a "scramble". It stops traffic from all directions, and pedestrians cross it in any direction:

Barely lights up red for cars on the road early enough sleep pedestrians:

But after five seconds, it turns into a colorful mess:

Shibuya - Japanese Times Square or Piccadilly Circus:

Shibuya 109 - the coolest fashion shops, boutiques Japanese fashion:

If you ask a girl from the Japanese province where she wanted to be the first time in Tokyo - she would call this address:

At the crossroads seemed to me that the house is not enough high and I asked whether there is a guide to Tokyo home above. As a result, went to the area of ​​skyscrapers taxi:

Shinjuku - the main administrative and commercial center of Tokyo. It is here to Tokyo skyscrapers. We were on a Sunday evening, when there are empty and there is no nation:

Sculpture LOVE. The same seen in New York and another in a certain town:

One of skyscrapers - the rear of City Hall. Totally free it is possible to rise:

However, the open areas on the roof is not, and you have to shoot through the glass:

In neighboring skyscraper a Japanese restaurant where we went. At the entrance - a showcase of plastic sushi and rolls, which I have already mentioned in the post about the market:

I ordered a various varieties on trial, and I confess that the fundamental difference between the original Japanese and our Moscow did not notice:

Well, maybe more fish and less rice - it's the only difference. Our guide said that the Russian way "sink" each Sushina in soy sauce, the Japanese puzzling. According to him, it kills all the fish taste:

Last
A few facts about Japan, which in one way or another I was surprised:

- Smoking is prohibited on the street, it is possible only in special sealed smoking room. In this case, smoking is allowed in restaurants. Cigarettes sold in vending machines, in order to buy them, it is necessary to have a special card. In fact, all the smokers in the country registered.

- In Tokyo, banned gambling. Out of the situation as follows: arrange balls in the game, such as pinball. Buy a bucket of balls (tokens) and if won another top few buckets, then you as a memento of a special prize will be given a sign. You can go to a nearby building and sell it on a special course and get the money. Thus bypass the ban.

- In Japan, I have not seen a multilayer toilet paper. Everywhere, even in expensive hotels in thin and transparent.

Someone asked to take a picture of the Japanese homeless - well, here, enjoy:

Tags

See also

New and interesting