DiCaprio. Ambassador, I save the climate

Leonardo DiCaprio two decades spent considerable resources on our planet assistance, participating in numerous campaigns to save the nature, animals and the environment. In this he spospeshestvovala his longtime girlfriend Kate Winslet.

Leo and I are old friends. We are united not only warm and tender friendship these brothers and sisters, but also a common cause of saving nature and the planet, which Leo tries not to advertise without special needs. And I am very glad to help him in all his endeavors. We talk a lot about saving nature. I remember how we both grabbed the movie "House. History of Travel "with Ian Atrus Bertrand. We do a lot, especially Leo. Honestly? It pays up to 30% of their fees for the salvation of the planet. I do not know more exciting for the life of the Earth human. Our friendship began immediately during the filming of "Titanic", and even then Leo deduct fees for the restoration of the skeleton of a drowned ship. I was struck by his views on life, and he was a very young boy. He was 22 years old then.

These words Kate wrote a long time ago in one of his interviews. Leo has long been known in special quarters, as an agent of environmental movements. Invitation to become an ambassador of the UN sent Leo Ban. Leonardo and 23 September to attend the 69th UN General Assembly in New York. The Forum will focus on the issues to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.

Leonardo said on this occasion:

I feel a tremendous personal responsibility for the preservation of nature and the planet's climate. It depends on us, what will become of our planet in the near future.

Leonardo DiCaprio in 1998 created the Fund for the Protection of Nature, which funded personally and with the involvement of volunteers investors. For example, in 2014, Leonardo has allocated $ 3 million on the preservation of the world's oceans. Today DiCaprio is among 11 people - UN Goodwill Ambassador.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Vladimir Putin at an international forum in St. Petersburg in 2010, dedicated to the protection and rescue of endangered tigers planet.

On that day, Leonardo donated a million dollars to the World Wildlife Fund to rescue tigers from extinction.

Tags

See also

New and interesting