Commandments of Janusz Korczak

Janusz Korczak - an outstanding Polish educator, writer, physician and social activist who refused to save his life three times.

The first time it happened, when Janusz decided not to emigrate to Palestine before the occupation of Poland, so as not to leave the "House of Orphans" to fend for themselves on the eve of the terrible events.

The second time - when he refused to flee from the Warsaw Ghetto.

And the third - when all the inhabitants of "Orphans Home" has already climbed into the wagon train to the camp, to Korczak SS officer approached and asked:
- That you wrote "King Matt"? I read this book as a child. A good book. You can be free.
- And the children?
- Children will go. But you can leave the car.
- You are wrong. I can not. Not all people - scoundrels.

A few days later, in a concentration camp Treblinka, Korczak, together with their children, went to the gas chamber. On the way to death, Korczak was holding the two youngest children and telling a story unsuspecting kids.

In principle, many know nothing about Korczak. And read the 10 commandments recommended this amazing man for raising children:

1. Do not expect that your child will be as you or the same as you want. Help him to become not you, as a.

2. Do not ask the child payment for all that you did for him. You gave him life as he can thank you? He will give life to another, one - third, and this is an irreversible law of gratitude.

3. Do not vent their grievances on the child to old age is not a bitter bread. For what you sow, so shall ascend.

4. Do not take it down problems. Life is given to each according to his forces, and be sure - it is hard not less than you, and maybe even more, because he has no experience.

5. Do not disgrace!

6. Do not forget that the most important meeting of man - his meeting with the children. Pay more attention to them - we can never know whom we meet in the child.

7. Do not torture yourself, if you can not do something for your child, just remember: for the child done enough, if not done everything possible.

8. The child - it is not a tyrant who takes possession of your life, not only the fruit of the flesh and blood. This is the precious cup, which gave life to you for safekeeping and development of creative fire in it. This relaxed love of a mother and father who will not grow "our", "their" child, but the soul, this deposited.

9. Know how to love someone else's child. Never do something someone else did not want them to do to your.

10. Love your child anything - untalented, unsuccessful, adults. Communicating with him - Rejoice, because the child - it is a holiday, which is still with you.

via

More, terrible monument ...

Such piercing eyes ...

And one monument ... I think such should stand in every city ...

And

O Lord! How to introduce these kids, I'm terribly becomes ...

I would not want a repetition of this horror ...
Fascism - will not work!
This is the last.

Tags

See also

New and interesting