WAE BTP02 - Mobile wireless speaker from Hercules

Lyrical preface h4> On the occasion, as they say, "to play", went wireless audio speakers WAE * BTP02 from Hercules or the manufacturer declares - "Mobile wireless speaker».
WAE * - Wireless Audio Experience
I myself am a supporter of the classical stereo systems of the form: source - the integrated stereo amplifier - passive speakers. But life does not stand still, and technology every day give something new, so it wanted to check something like that, even with such characteristics as stated in this model.

Specifications h4> All technical data can be explored on официальном Online Hercules

Options h4> Speaker Bluetooth®
Power adapter
Operating Instructions (including Russian)
Warranty certificate (to me this is not got)

Position h4> Judging by the commercials and concise information on the site Hercules, the focus is primarily on the young and energetic generation of people. And of course, first of all those who have spent their lives multimedia component connects to a smartphone or tablet.

I decided to write down all the points on which the manufacturer focuses our attention, since many information sources they also pay attention to, and it will be interesting to check out!

So:
• Designed for anyone who iPhone® (or smartphone) and serves as a music player.
Forget about cable connections with built-in wireless technology Bluetooth®. Transfer music stream from your iPhone®. You can also transfer music to the speaker and other devices that support Bluetooth® (smartphone, tablet or computer).
• Unique design - modern and ergonomic. Use the handle to the speaker easy to carry from room to room.
• Select WAE * in your favorite color and enjoy wireless audio playback Wireless Audio Experience. Speaker comes in two colors: black and white.
• Exceptional durability of the battery - up to 20 hours of music non-stop on medium **.
• Best-in-class Bluetooth® technology provides amazing sound quality and convenient range of the house.
• Clean and crisp stereo sound - the peak power up to 25W.
• Effects Stereo Wide (enhanced stereo) and Bass Boost (Bass Boost).
• Enhanced bass provides an opening rear and two isolated air chambers 1 liter.
• One line-in jack 3, 5 mm of the "mini-jack" for connecting MP3-player or any other audio device.
• No less specialized applications (compatible with and iOS® Android TM) it is possible to remotely control the speaker. The application offers the following functions:
dynamics control (volume, audio effects, switching on and off);
Listening to music and free Internet radio stations provided in the annex;
Using the equalizer to adjust the music

A brief introduction h4> The device I got a box of cylindrical shape, which immediately made me an association with boxes for millinery. By the way at the box applied fairly good printing and the whole of the box quite presentable, take this into account in the future.

Long to unpack and examine here is nothing special, so the device once it has been involved for checking.

Unfortunately, the built-in battery dynamics was initially discharged, and I immediately had to use battery charger, which when connected to the center speaker corresponding indicator lights in the form of batteries.
With connecting any difficulties should arise, buttons and connectors minimum quantity whose purpose is clear initially.

A brief digression h5> I have written, I have a stereo system, which acts as a source of ... iPhone 4, which is not due to the quickness of the new software was demoted from the smartphone audio player with main purpose - playing internet radio. To create a calm environment during operation, mostly I listen to the channel Lounge.
Himself "player" is connected to the amplifier cable 3.5mm "mini-jack", since no wireless transmission of sound on my amp from birth was not.

Wireless testing. Start h4> Given the main purpose of the speaker - wireless long life, and given the label on the package Made for iPOD / iPhone, adhere to the manufacturer's recommendations and is connected to the dynamics of the iPhone Bluetooth.
The connection process is quite simple and fast, according to the instructions of one to one. At that moment, when I saw the apple smartphone and connect the speakers with Bluetooth, immediately happily told me that there are specially trained application supposedly sets - you will not regret!
Well, it is necessary, so it is necessary - set.

With the app will understand later, I was more interested in how things are here with music ?!

Turn on internet radio - speaker happy and enjoyable surround sound. Smooth and informative middle, upper moderately detailed, the bass is not deep, but well designed. However, this is only to Internet radio and apparently not very active speaker shows his abilities with similar load. Need more severe test format, for example by means Flac.

So, let's check on! Then I made the reservation that the iPhone as a "smartphone for music," I only use for Internet radio. To play the "technically correct" music in field conditions, I prefer a smartphone on Android. This smartphone is always with me, always there and easily from any source can be put to music I needed, and it can play lossless format in the face of the above Flac!

So, it's your time, Valera Android! and oddly enough again to connect without problems. The only difference is that, unlike the iPhone, Android smartphone when connected to a speaker, an automatic invitation to install the software does not appear. Well, I already know what that software is and it only need to install.
Download and install the software - all without problems.

being distracted by the software h4> Due to the fact that further testing of the intended duration and more carefully, I decided to examine in more detail what it offers us additional opportunities software. And these features the following:

From the main menu, we are offered three main sections (Figure 1):
1) "Parameters dynamics»
2) "Sound Options»
3) "Audio player»

In the "Settings dynamics" we offer the following features (Fig. 2):
1) These dynamics - when you display information on Flash and the name of the device
2) Online Services - when you are asked to select, through some kind of connection we can use these services (Wi-Fi or 3G)
3) Turn off speaker - enables remote off the speakerphone
4) Sleep (Fig. 5) - pressing this button, you can choose how long the speaker "asleep", the maximum delay time 240min, installation step is 30 minutes by installing up to 120min and 240min after 120 immediately

In the "Sound Settings" we offer software tembroblok (Fig. 6) with a custom install and five ready-made settings from the manufacturer:
1) User selectable (configure yourself as you see fit)
2) Rock
3) Electro
4) Pop
5) Jazz
6) Default (flat characteristics)

See "Audio Player" reveals playlists (Fig. 7)
I enjoyed the "Albums on the device," because there was no time to get the rest.
When choosing a specific track for playback, appears in the bottom status bar black with the name of the track (Fig. 9), if the tap on the status bar appears (pops up) complete interface control playback of the track (Fig. 10), if re tapnut on it - the window fall down. If you need additional features such as tone-say, Tapan where shown great note (Figure 11).

In all the previous sections, you can always click on the top right icon brand «W» and get (for example) to the main sections of the page (Fig. 12)

Wireless testing. Continued h4> He said, "Let's go! "He waved his hand.

The software TONE Sets the value "default».
Check the speaker I started with the Irish group U2. Even in times of hobbies Hi-Fi I loved checking acoustics tracks from U2, some musical moments of this group can confound and much more powerful representatives from the world of acoustics.

Rock - U2 «Achtung baby» composition «One» (flac) i> as a whole at the height of the sound, vocals without lies, at high frequencies, there is uncertainty in the form of light flicker, closer to the middle of the lower ranks are not very confident, lost sound clarity, given the status, size and design of acoustics can be forgiven. High frequencies do not cause excessive fatigue voicing a bit simplistic, yet they are relatively detailed acoustics without tweeters. Mid generally causes the least problems. Nisa, here we are talking about the upper bass, if the acoustics and sets below, the maximum in the upper area of ​​the average bass. Bass still impose restrictions in the form of displacement of the acoustic reflex and performance, however, bass neat, "podguzhivany" at the bottom of the least obvious distortion at maximum volume is not seen.
On compositions with an active pace, slightly affected the lower middle and upper bass, get easily mess, but it's all relative order as it should be, ideally, the acoustics of a higher class.

Next on the program Rap - Slim Thug «Boss of All Boses» (flac) i>
Here and drums more measured pace and clear, should be good results.
It is, high handle, Tsykanov as expected and as loved by many, but a little vocal outdoor lighting, in general on this material all in their places, but easy confusion as before in the lower middle and at the top of the average range is, in principle, these deficiencies can be corrected software TONE. Overall rhythm is maintained. In general, due to lack of lower bass turns slightly clarified the nature of sound transmission.

Folk Metal - Kivimetsan Druidi «Betrayal, Justice, Revenge» (MP3, 245kBit) i>
Surprisingly, I did not expect to be so interesting sound like material on this dynamic. Presupposes that the test will fail, but the speaker on the right with a fast tempo. Female vocals, to be honest a little lie on bottoms, but again have to consider the size of the speaker, I was surprised by the result of this test. Frankly Black (Folk) on this column, I liked it, I even heard a few things over the planned "program" for personal enjoyment. Pretty emotional resonance and a good rhythm.

Country - Cowboy Junkies «Renmin Park» i>, really liked the sound of country music, apparently the lack of fast rhythms are not caused by lack of the edges of mid-range and through the middle of absolutely working, singing was very natural and plastic, well-designed tool part. Overall a very pleasant listening experience of the material on this dynamics.

Electronic - Depeche Mode «Sound of the Universe» CD1 (MP3, 245kBit) i> completed the marathon test, any problems that I had not heard. Also present was a little clarified the nature of sound.

Finally decided to check the internet radio and on Android, had to use the service of Yandex Music.
Oddly enough, but the Internet radio, in particular from the service plays very well! Apparently the player itself from Yandex very carefully sharpened by the compressed sound.

Tried channel electronic music. Nisa is and can tell a lot, good rhythm, at maximum volume there is an easy "bubnezh" at the bottom of the bass, which gives the speaker, the middle open, voices without much turmoil at the top, at the top as is customary in compressed formats - information at least in Overall impression pleasant sound that can be a long listen. Actually what is and should be the main task of the internet radio.

I want to note that the speaker was subjected to audition for three days and three days he worked exclusively on internal battery!
In addition, I note a very good and stable operation of the Bluetooth connection, despite the anomalous features of my apartment, where even the GSM connection "falls off" by itself when moving between rooms.

It so happened that putting another channel Internet radio to check the sound, I automatically put your smartphone in your pocket and went to the kitchen, after a while, I noticed that the smart phone is with me, and the music is still playing without interruption! And even if it is only 5 meters in a straight line (not 10 as stated by the manufacturer), but these 5 meters run through two concrete walls. Good or bad, judge for yourself. For comparison, I would say that the wireless Bluetooth headphones Logitech, when I go into the kitchen, do not hold such a connection.

Also caused no problems and Bluetooth connection between the speaker and a laptop, both in terms of stability, and in terms of the dynamics of sound.

In conclusion, the wireless part, I note that, apparently, the developers of this device a serious approach to the issue of optimizing the sound quality of music in the transmission stream via Bluetooth. This is logical, because otherwise the meaning of "loud" on the box to allocate Wireless Audio Experience.

Wired testing

Remembering that the speaker has the opportunity wired connection, decided to test this possibility. To check returned to the iPhone, plugged it in analog cable 3.5mm "mini-jack", including Internet radio playback.

I start to listen .... hmmm strange feeling that this is a different speaker.

Mid kind of like the same, but the sound came deteriorating, women's and men's voices on first impressions are normal. For more than a lame lower midrange frequencies, can I say a clear porridge.

Nisa, slightly swollen upper bass, middle and bass lax further cultural gutted "out».

Most of the questions called high-frequency range, the top is cut off, the rest of the sharpness and could be heard at the same time something resembling a rattle.

Throwing off all the troubles in highly shrugged mp3 format, decided they need something more serious than the flow through the internet iPhone! I had to plug its budget CD player NAD C515 BEE, and the words "any better mp3 via iPhone», continued testing.

First put a CD with Depeche Mode. Well, yes, I hear - is now working CD. Mids quite a. But the situation with the lower and upper range only complicated. And if still holding the lower range, the upper range was already not good, and it was especially noticeable at a rapid pace.

Deciding to check this trend, put Black Metal, this upper frequency band finally surrendered, he just did not have time to digest this pace.
Further decided to put a more leisurely rhythms CD from TELARC with Dave Brubeck quartet, defuse the situation calm pace, obvious problems with the upper range are gone, but all that has been stated earlier in terms of frequency characteristics - is present.

According to the results of testing wire can say that the wired interface, to be honest, do more "for show" and expect to serious sound when you use it - not worth it. The only justification for its presence, in my opinion, is when it is very necessary to connect the power, which by nature are no Bluetooth.

Discharge chord h4> Beyond the expected "program" decided to compare this "alone" and his "sleeping" microsystem by Pioneer in the face of X-HM20, which at the time was bought as a good value for the price - quality sound - possibilities. It is also interesting from the point of value systems, they (as it turned out) about the same level, Pioneer bit expensive.

In Pioneer CD was installed with Depeche Mode, and were put on a smartphone tracks digitized to MP3 with a bitrate of 245 kbit, pinched from the same CD.
The speakers are exposed to about the same level. And on both systems, using TONE was corrected sound approximately one tone.

It should be noted that the WAE is really noticeable extension works stereo base, the scene turned out a little wider than the Pioneer, but more concise in depth. When comparing reiterated sound is not very confident at the edges of the mid-range, and tighter bass due to the absence of the lower component. But keep in mind that the comparison is not very honest, Pioneer more benefits at the expense of high-grade speakers and large displacement of each speaker to the same CD source instead of MP3.
But the result of this test I was completely staged, taking into account all of the above indicated times.

To conclude this section, you can say that the sound wireless speakers confidence is at the micro or even some budget mini systems.

Debriefing h4> Now it would be good to consider the scenarios for using this column. Who, where and when to use it?

Ie

Tags

See also

New and interesting