Whale Whisperer

Andrew Armour - underwater operator of the Dominican Republic - called caster whales.
And all because he made friends with one of the largest representatives of the underwater world - whale.
10-year-old male sperm whale named Scar allows Andrew to stroke it, go there and even clean it.

These photos, taken off the coast of the Caribbean island of the Dominican Republic in late January, it is clear how much the diver fails to approach the scars - 10-year-old male sperm whale.

Underwater cameraman Andrew Armour has become famous as the "Whale Whisperer" after friends with a huge whale, which allows it to float next to each other.

Tony and Eric spent three days photographing scars and other members of the family under the watchful eye of Andrew.

"When sperm whales communicate, they often converge first heads. Each of them feel physically as if the other. They often rub against each other, which has a practical purpose - as they tear off yourself with loose skin. Where similar groups gathered in the water was full of leather-like black plastic bags ».

"As we remember the sounds of sperm whales. During their "meetings" their "clicking with" were deafening. If we shook ».

In these photos, there are also other family members traveling with Scar. For example, you see this "communicating whales." One gets the impression that they met to chat.

And in this photo whales swim ideal system, as if underwater during the march.

"Since then, he and another young female immediately swam to us as soon saw our boat. Now he recognizes me when I swim. I think he even know my voice. I can swim very close to it, because we know each other. He even lets me sometimes clean it ».

Now Andrew can invite their friends divers to share with them an unforgettable experience. He invited underwater photographers the 34-year-old Eric Cheng of San Francisco and 42-year-old Tony Wu from Tokyo to capture his incredible friendship with scars and other whales.

"When we first saw Tony Schram, we had to step aside to make this giant collided with us - explains Eric. - Soon we overcame the fear of one of the huge creatures on the planet. We stroked the scars that rolled over several times, like a dog with joy ».

"Humanize animals - even smart - it is dangerous, but in this case it was clear that he was going to scar contact".

Tags

See also

New and interesting