Family values: motorcycle Jawa-350 "drops"

"And yet, the red or black?" - With this thought Vladislav Gapanovich back in 1966 in shop "Sports" chose his son a motorcycle. It's amazing how a person's choice to further determine the fate of entire generations! What if Vladislav chose black Pannonia, perhaps, would not have this material. Maybe then would not take place in Belarus International retromotofestival "Cola hour," who knows ... But the choice fell on the red Jawa.

29 photo source

In the Soviet Union have "Java" meant to enter motoelitu. In the world of motorcycles "Minsk", "Sunrise", "Ural" and "Iz" imported Czechoslovak "droplet" stands out progressive design and good performance. Motorcycle admire today: the abundance of chrome, rounded forms, semi-automatic clutch, semi-circular speedometer works the other way. Kick-starter and foot gear - one piece. "Heart» Jawa - 18 hp 350 cc two-stroke engine, good to chase the motorcycle at the time

Today our guest is the grandson of Vladislav Vitaly Gapanovich, owner of Jawa-350 modes. 360, as well as one of the ideological inspirers and organizers of the international retromotofestivalya "Cola hour." A short story about his owner's motorcycle restored - in the video.

- Motorcycle unique in its kind, was very popular in the Soviet era and today is one of the most interesting specimens of the world of motorcycle. My "Java" 1973 release - this is the year it was discontinued production of the model, which was developed in the 50s

Design simply delicious. Farah, tank, engine, wheel chair made in the same style with smooth transitions and flexible lines. Tellingly, the steering wheel, headlights, instrument panel and ignition switch are connected in one unit

There are also lights speedometer. Thoughtful and ignition system: if the battery fails, the key is turned to the left side, the ignition is carried out directly by the generator - so the bike can be started with a "pusher».

- Grandpa bought a Jawa-250 to my father after he graduated and got a job, - continues the story of Vitaly. - Father had to go every day for 25 kilometers. Therefore, all the funds that had a family gathered to buy a motorcycle and went to Minsk. My grandfather is not very versed in the art, but the man was creative - a good master wood. We went with a relative of the store, "Sports", which then sold motorcycles. And there were black Hungarian Pannonia and one-cylinder Jawa-250. Black or red? Father Vladislav without hesitation pointed to the red motorcycle, so fascinating, he looked at the time. And once the bike with me through life in my soul. And Dad always took me fishing, mushrooms ... Now this "Java" is in my garage waiting for recovery. I gave myself a promise that will reach the hands of his father and to the motorcycle and it will be a different story.

This particular instance Vitaly acquired in the early 2000s. According to him, effort and money has been invested in the purchase price in proportion to the average used car. A lot of time spent on searching for details - find spare parts on the bike today, half a century ago is not easy.

- The task was to restore 100 percent of the original appearance of Jawa-350. Engine overhaul passed, he repainted the bike, some details had nikelirovat again. It was hard to find in good condition cockpit pram, because this model it is made of fiberglass in order to facilitate weight loss. Wheelchair weighs only 70 kilograms, but in the case of the contact, for example, with a border of her body easily breaks. Therefore, there are not many. If you count all the time and funds for the restoration of the motorcycle, you know that it is expensive. The market price of these items is quite high today.

A few words about the technical characteristics. Maximum speed "droplets" - 120 km / h, the fuel consumption, with an average speed of 60 km / h - about 3 and 6 l / 100 km. Weight - only 139 kg. The pros write thoughtful design, reliability and ease of maintenance. In all trips "Java" gives only a pleasant experience. A repair in the case and what can be "on the knee».

- Always ask me to sell the bike, "Oh, class! This is the dream of my childhood dream, sell! "For some it was the youth, and this man has a lot of life stories connected with" drop ". But the bike is not exactly going to sell. I restored it to please yourself and others.

Four transmission between each is "neutral", which is quite convenient. Clutch semi - when switching the "up" squeeze it is not required. Dynamics, of course, can not be compared with modern motorcycles, but in earlier times Jawa-350 was one of the fastest in the USSR.

- I'm used to the fact that motorcycle notice. Almost everything in the city pay attention to it. I am pleased that people smile. As a human being pleased that someone my motorcycle uplifting.

The quality of the coating parts chromium, accurate assembly - everything suggests that it is made with high quality and with love. Special thanks to designers, put the motorcycle timeless beauty. And acquiring original form thanks to modern restorers, "Java" again fall in love with the new generation. Yet this is very pleasant "cherry fruit" - the fruit of love talented Czech engineers.

Of course, the "turn signals" in this motorcycle not provided. The signals are the old-fashioned, hands.

The engineers made it possible to install the left mirror, because they are not packaged with a motorcycle. But to find it during the Soviet deficit was difficult. It was even harder to find a windshield and side stroller arc.

Piece of art! Notice how carefully hidden from prying eyes carburetor.

On personal observations especially dogs "love" two-stroke motorcycles.

Speedometer, indicator light and low battery indicator light neutral path pointer, the instrument panel lights - in Jawa all grown-up

Motorcycle Vitaly start up only with a "spear»

Kick-starter and foot gear formed in one piece. Special pizhonstvom in those years it was thought to have the motorcycle foot and hand. Try to do this with the "Sunrise"!

There is a place for tools

Unlike some motorcycles Soviet access to the sidewalls is carried out only with a key.

Rear suspension - Pendulum.

The rear shock absorbers adjustable in height and stiffness, respectively.

Wheelchair to Jawa-350 very thing today redkaya.Pod castle has space for luggage.

Czech engineers have made it possible to lock the steering wheel using the lock.

"Cola Hour" - International retromotofestival

- Think we Oleg, my brother - says Vitaly Gapanovich the event. - The idea we came up for a long time, seven years ago.

The philosophy of the festival is to unite people who are passionate about retromototehnikoy, because now there are more. Last year, we organized the first international retromotofestival "Cola hour." This year's festival will be held July 19 at the Centre for Ecotourism "Stankovo." Participants come to us from Poland, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine and all over Belarus on motorcycles from the early twentieth century until 1984.

Good mood, retroatmosfera and thrills guaranteed. And if at the end of the festival you will want to purchase retromototsikl or even restore it - we assume that we have made the festival is not in vain!

That's all, thank you for your attention

Tags

See also

New and interesting