Laura William Tell haunt

This is my first rukozhopstvo for Yap, therefore please do not break.
60 photos

Materials:

Skiing: Ski pieces for making shoulder bow
Bruce (minimum 8h10h50)
A pair of bolts and washers - to mount the shoulders bow
Nylon and waxed thread - for string
Tools:
Hacksaw
Hand drill
Chisel, hammer
Wood rasp or file
Sandpaper of varying grit
Adhesive rubber
Plane

Home.

Collapsible bow includes in its structure two arms, which are attached to both sides of the handle with the nuts. On the handle should be two flat surfaces for fixing the shoulders, place the grip arm and shelf-cutout for the passage of the boom. The handle must not bend, so if you want to have a powerful bow (with a tension of more than 20 kg)
It makes sense to do a composite handle (washed down for his second bow).

Handle.
Since this is my first bow, I decided not to fool with a composite handle and drank it from a fairly thick (9 cm.) Board.
Since jigsaw temporarily absent, he had pokoryachitsya with "alternative" notch.

Another view

Draft

More photos

Making cuts under a shelf

Shelf

Rough handle with shelf

Shoulders.
For the shoulders I decided to use skis that were grazing in the field of the attic for a couple of decades. Now is their time.
Saw off the rough - slightly longer handle
You do not need to shoulder was too long, otherwise the power will fall bow. This is especially true for cross-country skiing, as they are less stringent. The ideal option for ski archery - mountain - a composite sandwich of plastic, carbon fiber and wood.

SKINS.
The paint is completely refused to get off. Sandpaper size 40 impotently crawl on lacquer. After 15 minutes of nail polish she fell over and it proved to be a staunch coat of paint. I have already begun to figure in mind - who can shoot sander ....
One ski rubbed down, left to spend another 30-40 minutes for the second ...

Painting.
For painting I used the Universal Yachting enamel and varnish for the final coat

So I decided to make a couple of cliches to the bow was not takm unprepossessing
Putting the bow, we measure the length of the string of future

Paint the hilt and shoulders

While the onion drying, do bow
Bowstring and I did a double waxed thread tripling hinged.
Cobble together just such Pribluda

And narkuchivaem basis of waxed thread

Then we entwine our future hinges nylon thread
Do not also forget promazyvat thread, otherwise the winding will "ride».
We cover parts through an hour a second layer of paint and entwine itself string.

You can certainly not ALL braid string - just braid 12-15 centimeters in the middle, but then as the saying goes, "an amateur».
I decided to do a braid outdoors.

the other end

I apologize for putting some speed, it seems my provider today is not in the mood

To avoid sagging of the string I cut from an old bicycle inner tube piece width of a few centimeters, which would keep the thread taut

We close up loop, and starting with this region, and leave 20 cm thread on the safe

Entwine.
Periodically, you can tighten up the thread, giving it a rounded shape

Finishing line
Do not forget the glue.

Zapletal second loop

Ready string

She

So I whipped up a stall, because if we make the right bow, then shoot it correctly. A specific method of restraint is called string Mediterranean

Himself fingertip

On the other hand

The administration checks the quality of the string

And why not glue the fish?

Part of the photo was lost because of "nipped" stick.

Stencils

A little further

Handle

A general view of the product

On the other hand

Tired pose

More photos
Arrows I already had, so there is nothing about them will not be.

If it is interesting - I can write the next time

And finally, for those wishing to sketch stick

Tags

See also

New and interesting