Robots gardeners

When we think about the ways in which could be useful robotics, one of these niches is a Agriculture
Harvest Automation - a startup based ex-employees of iRobot, their goal is to create a robot assistant for agriculture, at the moment they are already offering a commercial solution for greenhouses, growing potted plants - robots gardeners HV-100

Transfer the pot plant - at first glance, not such a difficult task, but in large greenhouses - these pots millions
By the way, how can we in our time student went to the potato harvest, the United States sent some students on such tasks - permutation pots in greenhouses :).

And it is for such tasks - are robotic systems by Harvest Automation.

The robots do the work that people do not want to do blockquote>
 Robots can autonomously relocate hundreds of pots from one area to another - do the sorting, or changing the settings of arrangement (the distance between the pots).

Here's the video, it looks like a computer simulation:
Hidden Text

4 robot gardener at work:

Robots are specifically designed to work Outdoor
To operate the robot need only special yellow stripe detector - against which they define their position.

Greenhouse in Ohio i>

A small presentation of the robot at the exhibition:
Hidden Text < br />
November, Texas, plants arranged to winter shelter i>

Florida i>

Alabama - the heat is under 38 degrees, but the robot is not a problem i>

Robots Maverick, Goose, Cougar and Iceman «on a smoke break» i>

8 brand new robot is expected to supply customers in North Carolina and Iowa i>

What does the robot gardener h5>

HV-Robot 100 is composed of:

A - laser rangefinder B - Detector line C - arm D - start / stop the robot E - electronics module with user interface F - clip to balance
Weight: 40 kg.

Hours: 7-8 hours of battery life (between reboots batteries).

Price: $ 30 000 (payback for 12-18 months of use).

Automatic stop in the detection of human recognition robot neighbor.

Investment and Development h5> Since 2010, the startup has received about $ 24 million. Financing. Since 2013 - the first commercial sale. In 2014 the company plans to enter the European market. Currently more than 20 robotized greenhouses.

Interview with Joe Jones, CTO, Harvest Automation

This trend is supported not only business but also the state: US Department of agricultural farms (The US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) in 2013 isolated $ 4.5 million grant on robotics tasks of agriculture.

Let us hope that we have in Russia, there will be something in this direction.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/makeitlab/blog/227223/

Tags

See also

New and interesting