The dirtiest city in Russia

Black Snow is everywhere.

A city of contrasts - it is best to fit the description of the city.

Contrast can be traced even in the architecture

Some houses in the center painted in bright colors, that's good, but there was a minus - unpainted houses look on their background quite ominous ...

Painted

Unpainted

Although many houses are completely abandoned, the reason for that - the collapse of housing and communal services in the 90s ...

Some houses are built, and so it was not completed ...

Norilsk - the second largest in terms of population in the world city, located in the Arctic Circle after Murmansk

There really is very cold. The pictures were taken at the end of April, the snow begins to conceal only in mid-May

Even in the Arctic was warmer in Norilsk was the dead of winter with the wind - minus 30.

And when I was in the bitter cold and harsh winds drove Norilsk cyclist, I finally realized - Russia can not win!

But it is flowers, is considered the norm here in the bitter cold to swim where it is impossible to do

Not freezing lake since promnuzhd used to pay the waves - for it can assess the strength of the arctic wind

And what do you think? Yes Norilsk iron men then bathe ...

It's frightening to imagine how the water contains heavy metals

It was so cold that my photographic technique began to fail

A severe Norilsk girl splashing in all ...

Wind is a special guest, Norilsk about the origin of the name of the city, even joking: "wherever you go, the wind is always blowing on the snout»!

Because everyone likes wind begat-)

When writing a post I learned that Norilsk is among the five most windy settlements planet!

The wind force is traced by the way smoke coming from the chimney - right to the land and the inhabitants of the window ...

On November 25, 2001 entry of foreigners is possible only with the permission of the authorities

Grandeur of the communist empire

High latitude

City fans Volg ...

The town built by GULAG prisoners

And built on permafrost in severe arctic conditions

For the "first" builders were arranged mass graves on the slopes Shmidtiha. They say that the human skulls and bones there Nemer ...

Annual emissions to the atmosphere of Norilsk in 1959, 5000 tonnes, the main contribution to the pollution contributes forming enterprise «Norilsk Nickel».

The main office of Norilsk Nickel.

In the city the way hate Prokhorov, because when people began to live it worse (northern removed surcharges, etc.)

Now the city is home to 177,000 people

With the environment so bad that around Norilsk about 100 000 hectares of forest tundra burned or doomed to die.

About cancer can not write, and so everything is clear ...

Source: nikitskij.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting