Isaac Asimov. History has reached a point where humanity is no longer allowed to quarrel

Everyone is free to believe what he wants. I just object to make all believe in the same thing.

I do not know exactly the date of his birth. I was born in Russia shortly after the revolution - was chaos, no one is logged, and despite the fact that, of course, I have a birthday party, I'm not sure that I was born on this day.

MY father thinks that newspapers and magazines, which were sold in his shop - it's rubbish and would not let me read them, but were allowed to read science fiction. Father did not speak in English, and I think he thought that science fiction has something in common with science and will bring me good.

I do not think that the book will be to make a living; I've studied biochemistry and eventually became a scientist. Married, served in the army, I had two children. A parallel I continued to write science fiction - in his spare time.

Most exciting phrase to hear in what can science - not "Eureka!", And "that's funny».

MY artistic talent tends to zero, I have no artistic taste, I can not even draw a straight line with a ruler.

I do not read much, to be honest. When you write so much, time to read does not remain.

HISTORY has reached a point where humanity is no longer allowed to quarrel. People on Earth should be friends.

Do not think that you can make all people love each other, but I wanted to destroy the hatred between people. I earnestly believe that science fiction - one of the links that unite humanity.

I am in a constant struggle with excess weight - and all because I like any food. I like Chinese, French, Italian, Polish sausage. I often go to a Russian restaurant.

The first rule of dietetics: if it tastes good, then it's bad.

I do not like to travel, I will never fly an airplane, and I do not like long absent. This fact simplifies my life - I refuse all invitations that involve long trips. I sit at home in peace and tranquility with his typewriter, books, and I like it.

I always write and nothing else to do - just eat, sleep and talk to his wife.

In women, avoid arguments, no flaws.

WHEN girl goes to the guys talk about chemistry - maybe it's chemistry. But when she goes to him talk about the chemistry of one, or even two times a week, it is not chemistry.

RESPONSIBILITY - not such a burden.

I like to write more non-fiction than fiction; and detectives I like more than science fiction. But the more I like to write in a certain genre, the less money it brings me. Despite the fact that the last thing I like to write science fiction, it is best to sell; Well, what can I do about it.

There was something pleasant in the fact that I wrote a hundred books. I felt that "achieved something." And then they were already 200, then 400, and I will continue to write because I love the process. In the end, perhaps all will no longer care what I write, and I would be in his own trap.

I am convinced that nothing can replace the book in the future, just as nothing can replace it in the past.

I liked the "Star Wars", but the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" seemed too noisy, sometimes even stupid.

NEVER confuse dreams with reality. Dreaming is easy to dream - exciting; but if you really think that the reality should correspond to your dreams, then you are a little crazy.

HISTORY OF HUMANITY - is chaos. Small changes lead to large unpredictable results.

If a person is not to focus on weapons and destruction, interstellar flights will become a reality in a hundred years.

Bureaucracy expands to keep up with the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.

God loves us all, but neither one of us he was not happy.

Do I try to find God? God is smarter than me. Let me try to find himself.

BIBLE, IF THOUGHTFULLY READ, the most powerful of all conceivable arguments in favor of atheism.

Modern theories of creation of the world, according to the Bible, sounds that seem to be the creator sat and drank all night.

The world's population continues to grow, and resources are being depleted - so that food and energy in the world will be less and less. In the end, the government of one country will come to the conclusion that the only way to save its people - is to destroy the inhabitants of the neighboring country and pick up their supplies. Two outputs - to increase or decrease the death rate birth rate; and so I believe that we need a system of voluntary contraception. For this purpose it is necessary to enable women to do something else besides the birth of children. For this opinion I even called a radical feminist.

To offend can be when insult furious man repeat calmed down.

Unlike chess, the game continues in life and after the party is over.

Is there LIFE anything more beautiful than the search for answers to questions?

In essence, we never change, just in time become a little older and wrinkled. But that's nothing.

If the doctor says that I have to live five minutes, I will not tear your hair out. I'll just typing a bit faster.

I feel young, beautiful and sexy, but it can see only a few people close to me - I myself, for example.

Little - better than nothing.

Tags

See also

New and interesting