Just do good

So, it all started with the fact that I, like the majority of those present here, once upon a time, about 8-9 years ago, I wanted to have a kote. Well, sometimes, there is a desire in people. And the decision to buy it self for a fortune thoroughbred wool friend I will not (although Meyn- kun's dream, of course), when there are so many accidents zhivotinok homeless on the streets and in shelters. And since I lived alone, and then a tiny kitten, too, the plant was no option, work-Study-entrainment eats as much time, but for the minnows as needed constant care. Therefore, it was decided to give a happy life to some destitute rooted Kitten. So my life was Ryzhiy- this color and name. Auburn appeared in my very simplicity saw him on the street, caught in the car shoved, brought home: please, here is your new permanent residence. This was almost immediately followed by a visit to the Dr. Dolittle for health survey seal. Well, the standard was nabor- fleas, worms, festered eyes, the ventricle is not very well. Well do- washed, parasites deduced nails tonsured, combed, tablets tum given. And here is the blatant red face in person:

After appearing in my life Ginger passed about five years, and one of my favorite pastimes was to come in the nearest animal shelter and walk the dogs, thus helping the orphanage and somehow skrashivaya orphanage life sobakenov. I must say that the dogs I also love, but to have a one-room apartment, I did not dare, and really understood that I could not pay sobakenu ample time to walk so the output Shelter dogs I podhodil- joy for me and the dogs. Well, after a closer communion with animals, I realized that I wanted a second cat, but somehow I was in no hurry to implement this idea. In one of the social networks I was signed on Public shelter, which went out there except for dogs and seals much more. And somehow they zapostili photo seal with the following story: cat, 4 years old, lived not grieved with her grandfather, grandfather but unfortunately was not eternal, and after his death, relatives brought a healthy adult cat to the clinic at the shelter for euthanasia . Understandably, veterinarians not raised a hand and they left him in an orphanage. So, I looked at the photo published immediately knew: this is it! My! And an hour later handsome, I called his Behemoth already familiar with Ginger. Here's my Hippo:

But he grinds vrednichaet- wire from the phone charging:

About a year later my cousin died neschaste- befallen his mustachioed's favorite redhead named Douste. Therefore, to brother is not particularly grieved, I went back to the same orphanage (which I, by the way, and continued to go for a walk with psinka), and brought him pushistika- Julien, abbreviated Rogue:

After that, it took a while (I do not remember really how much), and I was approached by a homeless kotёnochka The girl take on overexposure. I had never tried to take the animals to overexposure (ie, the time until zhivotinka not-found permanent owners), but decided poprobovat- fact and the situation is hopeless for the baby, and as in the opinion more in the house koteek, the more I delight ). And brought me a girl named Julia (which, by the way, let alone trying to help the homeless kotikam- treats, parked in good hands, in general, well done!) Chёrnenky fluffy ball, can be seen at two months. My adult usatiki very calmly took Malyavka, no problems. But the baby stayed in my house only 3-4 days, as soon as it arrives, I called his girlfriend, who lives in a private house, loves animals, and at that time she had only dog- Shepherd. And the miracle of her husband allowed her to take the cat! And so the cat became a member of a happy family, and of black lump grew into a beautiful black panther.
Familiarity with Ginger:

After a while my circumstances were such that I had to move from my home in Riga to Budapest. Advance answer your question about my kotikov- to take with, unfortunately, was not possible, but the seals very well brighten everyday life of my mother, and that in fact she was left alone without me. They were there just after razdole- odnushki now live in a three-room, where there is ponositsya
And just a few days before my Departure we rode in a car with a friend somewhere. Food I was going, and then vizhu- front middle of the carriageway is a car for emergency gang, and two people something eagerly sought by it. Prismotrelas- kotёnochek. On the roadway! Naturally immediately stopped, and my friend helped remove the baby from under the car. The kid was just indescribably big-eyed three-color striped cat, who looked about six weeks. Well, my friend was deeply moved, and though the house had two cats, and took it. Here it is after we dragged it:

So I moved to Hungary, at first with my MCH lived in Budapest, in the time bought a house near Budapest. One of the first questions was- dog. And best of two. Since that time I have to Departure from Latvia has actively participated in one of the volunteer movement to help pet shelter and specific one (if readers will be interesting can do a separate post on this subject, there will be a lot of good, I promise) , it would take only resheno- dog from a shelter. Actually went to start talking only about one sobake- something like a German shepherd or a wolf to medium-large size, as a friend and bodyguard. Second dog we first thought to take a little later, but on the second sobaki- my MCH really wanted to take the dog breed Pumi (Hungarian herding breeds, small and curly). Well, you first need to find the first one.
We arrived at the local orphanage. The shelter contains only dogs, cats do not (By the way, in general Hungary nice udivila- stray animals is not here at all. In Latvia, a lot of stray cats, stray dogs almost none). About 200 dogs in a variety of enclosures. Therefore asked the caretaker priyuta- need a dog, girl, something like a sheep dog, wolf, can be mixed. And here we were shown Ziva (as in the opinion very strange name, like toilet paper, but the Hungarians really like my MCH even decided not to change). Ziva was German shepherd breed, about three years old, two or three times brings puppies, and with a rather complicated character. As we were told in priyute- previous owners apparently beaten and tortured a dog, so strangers she does not trust, barks at them and into the hands is not given, especially afraid of men and male voices (see screaming at the dog). We became very sorry for her, and we decided to try to find a common language. To this end, we came three times to the shelter and took her for a long walk. Each time it was felt that the dog trusts us more and more. And so, when we arrived to pick up the last of her different from a shelter home, she greeted us with radostyu
While my MCH The adoption Ziva went to make out (in the shelter issue a passport to a new owner of the animal), I walked along the cages and stroked sobachek.I immediately caught my eye dog breed amstaff- small, sad, was in a cage with dogs more, which really did not start her to come closer. I very, very wanted and her take home (so to be honest, I always take them all you want, but I think that this is all true). In general, when approached my MCH I had to turn the eyes of the cat Shrek and all other instruments of pressure on the pity men, and hurray! - He agreed !!! In general, the day we went home with two sobakami
About amstaffa- at the shelter she had the name of Karen, but for me it's definitely male Armenian name, so I renamed the dog Karina. The shelter dog lived with an elderly Madame, poor thing that kept on a short chain and beat (the dog was also very shy, especially if it take some object in his hand), and after the "hostess" has decided that she does do not need a dog and took her to the shelter. As I said at the shelter, Karine about 3 years- not I do not quite believe it, more than two I would not give, well not in this delo
Here's their first day at home:

And here they are with me for a walk:

Now I would like to describe the whole process of adaptation of the animal from a shelter or on the street.
If you decide to adapt the animal from a shelter:
All the animals that are there already examined by a veterinarian and treated against parasites, but it does not give 100% guarantee that after the treatment, which could be a long time, the animal parasites picked up again, so that the first, when will bring a new pet is a home- shower drops from fleas and ticks (protect against these and other 6 months) and a tablet from worms.
In addition to parasites, animal could do with a variety of other diseases or injuries that may be the time of your arrival at the shelter or cured completely or partially. If the partially cured continued treatment completely new owner takes over sebya- doctor visits, medicines, care- all this takes time and money.
If you know in advance what type of animal you hotite- shelter workers tell about your desires (sex, size, nature, for what function the animal). Will help you choose. If you just fell in love at first sight in any zhivotinku- Ask employees about the animal shelter where and how they used to live, why it turned into a shelter, age, health, character traits, as applies to people familiar and unfamiliar, cats, dogs and children. The more you know about the animal, the faster you will find common language with him. If the house has other animals, children with sure to tell the worker shelter.
So, you have chosen an animal found in contact with him and are willing to adapt. Some shelters are asked to make a contribution of medical services rendered animal (treatment of parasites, vaccinations, sterilization), some are asked to contribute a fixed fee, which is usually very symbolic, some shelters and did not ask for anything other than your good hands. All documents (pet passport) issued fee (if applicable) or a donation can go a shelter zaplatili- domoy
If you decide to pick up the animal from the street:
Before washing the animal, I would recommend to start his show veterinaru- a complete examination, make the necessary vaccinations and other procedures. Next, the doctor will give you advice on how to feed uhodu- if the animal is hurt (and for the most part are not street 100% healthy) - as a treat. Well here is the simplicity follow the doctor's instructions.
So you're finally home with your new pet. What to expect? Period of adaptation of the animal to a new place and a new person takes about two weeks. At first, the animal may be frightened and hide, do not forcibly pull him out of hiding mestechka- it will come to you itself. It should be borne in mind that cats from a shelter is usually already accustomed to the tray, so they should just show where he is, will have to teach street.
Dogs, like from a shelter and street, is not likely to be very accustomed neither to walk as such, nor to walk on a leash, so, too, will have to work.
Most importantly, treat our younger brothers with love :)
That's all I ask forgiveness if something goes wrong, I welcome your comments.

--img9--

Tags

See also

New and interesting