From far away, long, flowing river Volga

I live in the city of Rybinsk, Yaroslavl region. The city is located at the northernmost point of the river Volga. From school was interested, it looks like the source of the Volga. And on May Day celebrations in 2014, I decided on an official and friendly visit to the village Volgoverkhovye to see everything with my own eyes.

Will be 51 photos.

As a result, I had to drive 550 km one way and the same amount back. The route was: Rybinsk / Kalyazin / Tver / Torzhok / Ostashkov / Volgoverkhovye. In places the road was not very good quality (I very politely). It surprised by the almost complete absence in the Tver region branded gas stations (as compared with the Yaroslavl region). This will impact on the way back: ((
The last 22 km of the road look like this. It seems to be normal dirt road, but ... it passed by a crawler tractor and the road turned into an ironing board. no6 we are not accustomed to retreat, the more that 530 km was already drove

Vot6 And finally, it is the village-Volgoverkhovye!

See prohibitory sign? Most Muscovites are not seen

A small description of the local tour operator

A small walking tour to the source

souvenir trade

Almost there. You're just a few hundred meters

The historical moment :)

Commemorative plaque. Speaking of the birds, then it contains the length of the Volga to the construction of heap reservoirs. Now Volga about 100km shorter

Last meters

And here he is, the source of the Volga! Or rather a legal source. From here comes the countdown

Commemorative plaque

Inside

Center of the universe :)

Icons and what is a pagan symbol (not good at this, and to ask there was nobody)

View

And here is the real source of the Volga. The fact is that it has no specific start point. Several small streams flock to the lake, you have seen in the previous photo and the lake is considered to be the source

Volga!

Oen cold water! Literally 30 seconds and reduces hand bones

Beginning a long journey home

There are a variety of activities. Religious and civil

Stone closer

And this-the first bridge across the Volga

and the first platinum

A few meters from the first bridge was discovered a second :)

Volga

She

We head to the Cathedral

A look back

Cathedral

Again Cathedral

not fit into the frame

Ventilation

As it turns out, you can climb the tower. For children free admission. For the remaining 50. No payment no control. You just have to place a coin in the box for the type being put on the election

The first thing that catches the eye when entering the top

View from the belfry

View from the belfry

View from the belfry

The bell

Go ahead

Another look back

St. Nicholas

Pilgrims

We go to the typewriter. Already tired of waiting

This sand sat and meditated. Absolutely no reaction to the passing

I first saw this post kilometer

The local center of trade

Volga. Approximately 6 km from the source

The first signpost

about 10 km from the source.
This is the last photo. then there was a way home. In the area of ​​Ostashkov gave SBU know Gauvin gasoline at a gas station filled Surgutneftegaz. The car abruptly stopped going. After some time, beginning even stall. Some how to get to Torzhok and found service. I asked to drain gasoline. The master was in a light shock, this "gasoline", he had not seen: a mixture of diesel oil, gasoline, water and sand. It was decided to make another visit to the gas station, but not with money but with TNT. It will be a little later. Now I am waiting for the ordered jets
Thank you for your attention! I finished

Tags

See also

New and interesting