House 20 years Giuseppe Zanotti: an exclusive interview with the designer

This year, the incredibly talented Italian designer Giuseppe Zanotti celebrates the 20th anniversary of his solo creative work. Anniversary - a reason to rejoice, and their fans. During the year, it is expected to release the four capsule collections of shoes and accessories, all of which in one way or another will be the embodiment of the brand aesthetics. Each collection has received a unique name, reflecting the mood of products and their purpose - Jewel, Rock-n-Roll, Black Stilettos and Disco, which will be presented in the last instance, in February 2015.

I could throw a big party or to publish a book of memories, but I decided to do something that gives me real pleasure - made shoes. With each of its associated pair of certain memories.
The designer has agreed to answer some questions in an exclusive interview with Harper's Bazaar.

What changes have occurred over the two decades of the existence of the brand?

First of all, I have become more mature. I became wiser, I hope. I like the carefree float like a butterfly. I enjoy travel. I just need to travel several times a year. You can not create shoes, if you are constantly focused only on fashion, it's too mundane perception of the creative process. When I do, I dream. Now I have become calmer. Was younger - a lot in a hurry, even vanity and at times was irritable. Now I do not see the need to fight - if people like my creations, I feel happy, but if not - then let it be so.
Tell us a little about your relationship to social media resources. What is your attitude to the Digital Revolution and its impact on the fashion industry?

Personally, my opinion - social media resources will be far more powerful in the next few years. It is very real and easy way to communicate and exchange ideas. Online people are willing to speak frankly - the traditional norms of diplomacy is not working. They are honest and it's a great way to get instant results. The only thing is social media did not succeed, it's educational function. For the future of social resources, but do not forget about the thing of the past and gained over many years of experience. We must make a decision based on the fact that fast and good for business, but at the same time we should take the time to study and analyze.
Tell us what you like working with women ...

From the very beginning of my career I admired women. I have devoted the last 20 years of his life the beautiful half of humanity. Shoes with heels like a magic wand, incredibly transforms. The ballet flats, you can feel fine, but changing studs mood - changes gait, grace appears. My dream was to embody the female desire into reality, creating the basis of her wardrobe - luxury shoes and the right accessories.
Where would you like to be in 20 years?

I've already started work on a new summer collection 2015 Winter we will show at the end of May in New York. I see my future as another by a new collection. I have to imagine and understand what women want and what they expect from me. While working on the collection, I try to fill yourself with positive energy: it can be music, movies, people. It charges me to work and creativity!
We join in the congratulations and look forward to entering the new brand boutiques all over the world!

Tags

See also

New and interesting